What to do if a tire blows

TedS

Applying full throttle just does not seem right. I've experienced blow outs, rapid lose of air according to the video. I maintain steering and either maintain or slightly reduce throttle. No panic braking. He is right, you do not need to try to stop immediately. Damage is done, now just handle the load. Then reduce speed by reducing throttle and turn on 4-way flashers. The auto transmission is downshifting as speed drops. I only brake when I am ready to pull over or off the road, safely.

kowAlski631

Our son who is a professional driver emphasized no brake, no abrupt moves, ease to shoulder smoothly. Same as when driving a car.

Martha

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When you think of 'chassis set' or the way a vehicle sets on the tire patch if you let off the throttle either by hitting the brake of letting off of the throttle then the weight will transfer to the front of the vehicle. By accelerating you will transfer weight to the rear of the vehicle. This will allow the vehicle to maintain control. Then reduce your speed by gradually letting off the throttle. While slowing down find a safe place to pull off and stop. Do not hit the brake hard because you will almost always lose control. Take from me as I training emergency vehicle operators how to drive for many years. If you have ever had a blowout a 100 plus mph you know how important this is. The advise given in the video is sound.