Discussion

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Socal Chapter

Well here goes nothing, I guess I have been elected to start this Chapter off. I feel the best way is to find out how many Heartland owners and /or BH owners we have within Socal area. After you all read this, if you would, send me a short Email so I can start compiling names and where everyboby is located. We need to keep it simple and at the same time keep everyone informed as to what is going on. Any input is greatly needed. I dont how I got myself into this, Jim is such a Sweet talker. Bob :D :D PS remember "KISS" (keep it simple stupid)

Bob&Patty

Setting Boundry

We have had some input about the boundry for the Socal Chapter. Bakersfield has been suggested. If anyone has a better idea, let me know. I was wondering if anyone in Central Calif. would like to get a chapter going there. If we get the 3 chapters going then maybe we could have a big rally once a year. Hopefully after the holidays we will get more responses on the Socal Chapter mini rally. Bob :D :D

jpmorgan37

Bob, the way you all are going, you are going to have a bigger get together than the National Rally has. Keep up the good work. You guys are awesome.

John

Bob&Patty

Hello JP, Happy Holidays to you and your DW. Im trying, but I have not had the interest that I had expected yet. Possibly because of the Holidays being so close and its been cold and wet. Take care keep in touch. Bob And Pat :D :D

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Bring It On Hawk

Hey Hawk, am I to assume that you have your coach now, I think I read a post that you were not taking delivery until April of 08. Maybe I miss read it. Anyway, keep reading the Socal posts as to the time and place. Welcome aboard, hope to meet you soon. Have a great Holiday season.. Bob, Pat, and the crazy cat "Baby" :D :D :eek:

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Coach Still On Order???

People, I guess there was one thing I forgot to mention. That two of the CG's we were talking about have cabins to rent. SOOO, if you dont have your coach yet, you could still come for the weekend and just hang out with the rest of us. That way we still could get to know each other. Think it over and let us know.. Bob,Pat, and "Baby" the nutso cat. :D :D :eek:

Yes, we are scheduled for April 08...at the latest.

Very long story short. We do not currently have room for the 4012 on our property (about a half an acre in the middle of the city). Our current driveway and approach is simply not big enough. We have scheduled a bunch of concrete work for our "RV driveway" and were getting a substantial discount from our contractor if we can have it done in March (he's very busy now)...like 6K less!!! It's a lot of cement and foundation work. Then the cement has to "cure" for a few weeks. You get the drift...

Heartland can have it done before February...which may end up happening anyway. But, either way, it will sit on our dealer's lot till we can take it in April. Our dealer is in Clovis, CA, about 2+ hours away.

We are keeping our fingers crossed :cool: that we can complete our project sooner, but won't know till later in January 08.

Bob&Patty

What? Ooops? HUH??

Hey hawk, your right, you did. After you check out the dates. Post in the Socal "discussions" part so I can keep track better of what is going on.. Bob :D :D :eek: (have to have an :eek: for the dumb cat)

Bob&Patty

Great

Hawk, you dont mind if I call you Hawk. Sounds great, keep in touch. You need to come to our place and see what have deal with in getting the coach in the back.:eek: :eek: Bob :D :D :eek:

Forrest Fetherolf

grandseahawk said:
Heartland can have it done before February...which may end up happening anyway. But, either way, it will sit on our dealer's lot till we can take it in April. Our dealer is in Clovis, CA, about 2+ hours away.

We are keeping our fingers crossed :cool: that we can complete our project sooner, but won't know till later in January 08.

If you haven't finalized your purchase and/or would like to here my horror story with Clovis RV, send me a private email or call 818 363-8158 Northridge, CA.

Forrest

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
So Cal Chapter

Hi Bob and Patty,
I just sent you an email. I am a rookie from San Clemente and need all the help and advice you can provide. We also have 2 female beagles we will probably leave at home until we get feeling safe. Any ideas on GPS systems, and air bags for the truck? So many questions, and feeling kinda scared as we are picking up our 2009 Big Horn 3400RE in a few weeks. How long should I break in the new truck before we go pick up the rig?
What kind of air bags should we buy? Help!

Larry Kuhn
2008 F-250 Ford Lariat Crew Cab mid size bed
2009 Big Horn 3400RE

Bob&Patty

Welcome to Heartland

Larry, you should read the owners manual about the rear end breakin time or miles. GPS's are probably a personal choice. So far I have not needed air bags on our 2500HD. But we may have to install them at a later date if the pin weight gets higher. Welcome to the heartland family. Read the posts about the spring rally in February. We would love have you come out. It would be about a 1 1/2 hour drive for you. Bob,Pat,and the:eek:cat

Bob&Patty

Larry, I read some your other posts and I would get the Good Sam road side insurance if nothing else. If your TV were to break down most of the time tow trucks will tow your TV but not the whole mess. You need to have something to get your coach home or somewhere. You were given a pretty good list of tools and supplies to bring along. I would suggest get what you can first and build it up slowly. Then you can add or subtract as needed. One thing I do need to ask you, what is the posted gross weight of your coach??? Calif. law states that if the coach is 15k or over you must have a "Class 1 non commercial" license to pull your rig. You can get a ticket and your insurance might not pay off if anything happens. This is from my neighbor who is a CHP. Just thought you should know. This forum is a wealth of information, so sign in and ask away. Boy, have I learned alot from it. You should try to make the February rally, some of the people coming are a wealth of information and will help you anyway they can. Bob,Pat,and the:eek:cat

Bob&Patty

Have a need to know

All you Socal people we are getting close to the rally. I would like everybody that is planning to join in please send me a PM or post on the forum soon. I need to call and reserve some camping spots very soon, only have about 1 month. Bob,Pat, and the:eek:cat