Traded my 2009 BigHorn for a 2014 Gateway 3500RE

Drivr

Well we decided to trade our 2009 Bighorn 3055RL for a 2014 Gateway 3500RE. We will be picking it up next Thursday. Anything in particular I should keep an eye out for during the inspection?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Looked at the 3500RE at the Hershey RV show. Love It.

Congrats and Enjoy!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Well we decided to trade our 2009 Bighorn 3055RL for a 2014 Gateway 3500RE. We will be picking it up next Thursday. Anything in particular I should keep an eye out for during the inspection?

Yes , check everything. Be sure to have the water, sewer and ac hooked up and working. check the operation of the TV and satellite hookups.

Wmnmy

congrats and happy camping and please check under your sinks with water running I put a head lamp on and low and behold I had a steady stream of water running out of the kitchen sink into my bottom drawer they weren't tight so I tightened them and all is well but if I hadn't looked thinking its a new rig I would have been in trouble in the long run . I love my Elkridge now I got the bugs worked out now its just maintenance.

1_oldgoat

Congrats on your new Gateway, my wife and i bought the same 2014 model Nov 6th 2013 and have been in it for a month and a half so far mostly in below freezing temps with only minor issues. We love it as i am.sure you will as well, what an amazing rv, and with you being a previous Heartland product owner am.sure you know what a great company they are.We were looking at a Bighorn with a bed bath slide and the Gateway for our 2 top of the list rv's and decided on the Gateway, more standard options than the other unit and quite a bit less just for an extra sink. We have aome trim inside and out that needs addressed, a black and grey tank valve that need replaced and a mystery leak under the kitchen sink, i had a major leak there but tightened all the fittings and now just a small leak i believe is coming from between the sink and countertop, thats another warrenty problem, the sink itself is missing a few clips so sags in the front a little. I caused the shelve above the washer dryer prep to break by hanging to much weight on it, not a factory problem i take full responsibility for that one. Really most problems are from parts failure not a manufacture issue.
Anyway, good luck with your new gateway, we love ours and our first experience with Heartland. Safe travles and maybe see you on the road one day!!
Marcus Shelli and Pretty boy Floyd

Lakeman

Placed a Factory order for a new gateway in January. Should be coming off the line any time now. Let you guys know how it does on delivery inspection. Looking forward to the summer in my new 5th Wheel.