Amazon Deliveries on the Road

wdk450

Gang:
Most of the Thousand Trails Preserves I am going to start staying at seem to want nothing to do with getting mail and packages to their campers. They won't accept items for their campers. Lost stuff and liability issues, I guess. I can work out the mail with General Delivery, UPS sent to the nearest UPS store, but what about Amazon.com purchases? I understand they run their own delivery service a lot of places, independent of USPS, FEDEX, and UPS. How does anyone currently on the road address these deliveries???

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't move around, but the CG we stay at during the summer will accept deliveries and forwarded mail. I don't have our mail forwarded, but I have had packages delivered while we were absent and they held them for us. I let them know to expect a delivery if I think we'll be gone when it arrives.

danemayer

Bill,

Can the delivery truck get into the park to come to your trailer and would the park allow it? Maybe with low dollar items you could have it dropped on your steps even if you're not there.

Another thought: Amazon Prime is pretty reliable on actually delivering on the day promised. If the FedEx and UPS trucks are consistent on time of delivery to the park, maybe you could arrange your schedule around the delivery.

wdk450

Bill,

Can the delivery truck get into the park to come to your trailer and would the park allow it? Maybe with low dollar items you could have it dropped on your steps even if you're not there.

Another thought: Amazon Prime is pretty reliable on actually delivering on the day promised. If the FedEx and UPS trucks are consistent on time of delivery to the park, maybe you could arrange your schedule around the delivery.

The last Thousand Trails I stayed at had an electronic gate arm and an entry code. So far on the websites for the TT preserves I have looked at, they don't want to get involved with campers mail/packages.

caissiel

I would not stay at a place like that. What other services they surely do not want to offer would be my next question.

Sent from my U8666-51 using Tapatalk 2

wdk450

I would not stay at a place like that. What other services they surely do not want to offer would be my next question.

Sent from my U8666-51 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, but they charge $45 a night to the general public - I pay $0 a night, can stay in Thousand Trails Preserves 365 days a year at that rate. Paid $1400 for the resale membership, annual dues $545 (i.e. $545 can be my ANNUAL rent). 5 preserves in No. Ca., 4 preserves in Central Ca., 7 in So. Ca. I can stay up to 21 days at any one park, immediately go to another park for up to 21 days, or return to the first park after 7 days out. Here is their website: http://www.thousandtrails.com/

I had to pay $180 pro rated membership dues for the rest of this year. I stayed 4 days at Russian River in the wine country a couple of weeks ago - that amortized the $180 fee. I plan to stay in TT after the Temecula Rally until Thanksgiving - That's about 50 days, or about $2250 amortized.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
TT Lake Conroe will accept packages at the gate but they charge you a fee for that service.

Theresau

I use Amazon all the time. Get free UPS shipping via a Prime account. I suggest discussing with Amazon to be sure they use UPS for your orders.

Gang:
Most of the Thousand Trails Preserves I am going to start staying at seem to want nothing to do with getting mail and packages to their campers. They won't accept items for their campers. Lost stuff and liability issues, I guess. I can work out the mail with General Delivery, UPS sent to the nearest UPS store, but what about Amazon.com purchases? I understand they run their own delivery service a lot of places, independent of USPS, FEDEX, and UPS. How does anyone currently on the road address these deliveries???

TXTiger

USPS can be to General Delivery to the nearest Post Office, FedEX and UPS you can pick up at their nearest location hubs. I have picked up many a box at the FedEX or UPS hub stations as will call items because I was on the road and not home for the anticipated delivery time.

danemayer

Tony, that's a good idea to use "will call" for UPS and FedEx. On USPS General Delivery, check with the Post Office in advance. Might not be the closest location because not every location handles General Delivery anymore.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not sure were OP got that amazon uses on independent delivery service. I order allot off amazon.com and can have it sent to my po box if small or directly to my park we stay in.

On a diff note I would stay FAR away from TT due to impression we got at the one in Conroe tx. Not worth it even as a resale. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

wdk450

I am the OP and live in Sacramento. I got an Amazon box delivered the other day that came in an unmarked white van. They now have "fufillment" centers in Tracy, Ca. (about 60 miles), and Fernley, Nv. (near Reno, about 120 miles away), and I think they use their own (contracted?) delivery service for deliveries nearby to their centers.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am the OP and live in Sacramento. I got an Amazon box delivered the other day that came in an unmarked white van. They now have "fufillment" centers in Tracy, Ca. (about 60 miles), and Fernley, Nv. (near Reno, about 120 miles away), and I think they use their own (contracted?) delivery service for deliveries nearby to their centers.

Don't know about the Ca location but Fernley Nv has been around for at least several years if not more. Other than that I have no clue just going by my experiences...sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

travis_g

I think that is a trial service in norcal. They can do same day delivery too. Best deal would be to call amazon and discuss options.

wdk450

I think that is a trial service in norcal. They can do same day delivery too. Best deal would be to call amazon and discuss options.

Good idea, Travis! I was hoping there was some consensus of previous experience. I can live with the TT restrictions for the low rent price.