WE are back

rosco

Glad to see a lot of folks are on the forum... like I guess we are all happy to see the forum is still in business..... Have a great evening... this is great.... Rosco:D

Dusty

I hear ya Rosco, I as bummed when I checked in and the forum was closed. **** I get most of the information on how to operate my coach in this forum.

Dusty

Tom of Ypsi

Jeff,
Glad to see my favorite forum back on line. Hopefully, and I am sure it will, the forum will only get better. Too much knowledge on our Heartlands to share and to learn.

DJGood

We are Back

Jeff

Thank you so much for putting the forum back in business. I was so upset when I tried to log in yesterday afternoon.
Can you tell us what happened? Anyway, doesn't really matter, just so glad you are taking care of us.

Thanks again
Chris and Debi:p

HTWT

HTWT
Back On Line

None All, I too am glad WE are back on line. At least that’s how I feel, it’s a “we” thing, and the administrators efforts are well received, thank you! I also thank you for your email reply on the situation at hand, hopefully it will be resolved. As for the forum, I think I’ve read every post on this forum and have made modifications that I was able to make as well as received so much information on the operation of my coach. I never thought I’d say something like this but “being around for a decade or two…and still remember my first 8086 computer, this is the first forum I continually read. I log on every chance I get, read everything I can. My wife and I love our Bighorn, and even with having to deal with some issues we always find a resolve that suits us. I’ve changed the shower head, drilled some holes, modified the cabinet under the TV, replaced some screws with rivets, locked down the kitchen and bedroom drawers, took care of the sliding pantry and bedroom door issue, installed a coffee can lid in the bottom opening for the water hose just to name the ones that come to mind. I’m already planning the generator and inverter installation locations among others. We’ve had our unit since April and already put 5,000 miles on it. Everywhere we go, from Santa Fe, NM to Branson MO to Ashland KY at least one person in the park/campground has a nice comment to say about the coach…we’ve shown it to everyone. Again, thanks for putting the forum back on line, hope we have many years of communication. Have Trailer Will Travel. (PS…now if I can get the operation of the “I Feel” mode down I’d be happy.)None

muskeke

Northern Dancer
Welcome Home

I've already thanked you for opening this site back up again. Forgot to give my heartfelt thanks to your wife for getting you to get back to us.

Sharron

mowmoney

We too are glad the site is back up! We get lots of ideas on here we missed it just the little while it was gone:(

Rick

Bummed

:mad: Man I was upset when I returned from camping this past weekend to find out that the forum was offline. I learned a whole lot about Heartland RV's on this website and continue to use it as an informational tool not to mention the great posts and jawing with other Heartland owners. Thanks for all you guys do. Would be lost without this forum concerning my coach. Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
This is a great forum and my appreciation to Jeff and his DW for getting this back online. As others have stated, we learn more from our fellow (girls, I'm including you) Heartland owners here than anywhere else.

Chuck

nemo45

Thanks for reopening the forum. Even though we don't have a Big Horn or Landmark I've still learned a lot from this forum and got some great ideas for mods to my unit. We were really dissappointed when we found out the forum was shut down. I kind of doubt if we'd buy a Big Horn now as they are much the same as my Open Road, but I'm sure if we'd ever make a step up the Landmark would be near the top of the list. Jeff and Jim thanks for this forum.

phranc

YEE HAA.!! Thanks to you, Jim .. and of course your DW. We appreciate your family effort to our family..........:)

jbeletti

Hi Phranc,

The forum is owned by Jeff. It was he and Brenda's call to reopen it. Of course, we are all "way happy". Thanks for hanging in there.

Jim

cdbMidland

But I miss "Ask the Factory"

Maybe I'm alone in my opinion on this, but one of the things that I did find informative was Scott Tuttle's responses. For example, he was able to give me the weights on the 3655RD that I had ordered. Before then, everything was an estimate.

While I appreciate the problems and responses and fixes that members of the forum have provided, and plan to use some of them when I get my coach the end of next week, Scott was the one who "saved" the sale for Heartland.

Jeff, you may be right from your perspective of why you no longer care for the Heartland products, there have to be hundreds of basically satisfied customers who can benefit from Scott's inside connection. I believe he alone from the group can get Heartland's attention to issues like quality.

We all gain if the Landmarks and Bighorns rate highly and we all suffer together if they rate poorly.

Please bring Scott back and in addition, "Ask the Factory".

If this is something you are not willing to do, do you still own your Landmark? If not, can this forum be turned over to others to run?

Chuck

muskeke

Northern Dancer
Saving this site

Since I don't own the rig this site was set up to address, my opinions will probably not carry a lot of weight, however since I have benefitted so much from this forum, feel I have to say something.

I don't know what the problems were between any of the players and it is really not my business. What I do know about is the excellent advise that Jeff and Jim and many others have provided for me over the short time I've been checking in.

Perhaps the answer is not to turn this site over to others, where it becomes like all the other big RV forums, but to change the title of the site to something more general. This would allow those of us who are not connected to Heartland, but are towing other makes to continue to benefit from all the excellent advise from people like Jeff and Jim.

Perhaps Scott could start his own site and dedicate it to Heartland owners only.

Sorry people, but I really like this site and the people who contribute to it and take the time and effort to run it.

Sharron

rosco

We are back

Sharon, I agree with you 100% let Scott set up is own forum .... I had previously stopped posting because of Scott's attitude ..... I have made a lot of friends on this forum and have gained a lot ....Because of the information and the courage of some it helped me decide not to get a Landmark, which I hope in the long run will be the proper decision.... Meanwhile I do enjoy the folks here and I hope it stays as is... I think the factory made a lot of mistakes and used to forum as a venue to defend themselves...Which was wrong...I met one of the owners and researched landmark for almost 2 years... I almost bought one... bottom line they had a big talk but could not back it up with the product..... have a nice evening...Rosco:)

cdbMidland

I'm going to take exception to the last three posts - two of which do not own any kind of Heartland product and the last of which is unhappy with his (serial #35, which was one of the first ones made).

I think that those of us who do own Heartland units (or soon to be an owner in my case) have a lot to gain with having someone from the inside.

I don't have a problem with Scott starting his own forum and if he does so, I will use both, as I do with rv.net. However, that may take some time - time we could use if Scott were allowed back in now.

Last edited:

merlinb

Retired
OK, cdbMidland, Jeff is too polite to respond to your complaint so I will. Jeff and Jim devote a lot of personal time and effort to keeping this forum going without receiving any kind of compensation for their efforts. It was started as a way for Heartland owners and other interested parties to exchange ideas and information about the Heartland products. The "Ask the Factory" forums were added later as a way for users to communicate their concerns and complaints to the factory. However, it quickly became apparent to me that most of Scott's replies were either excuses or typical sales BS. The final straw that broke the camel's back (I think; Jeff can correct me if I am wrong) was last week when Scott posted a very belated reply to Jeff's explanation of why he would no longer offer any apparel for sale with the Heartland logo. In case you didn't follow that thread, Heartland had advised Jeff that they were going to require him to remit a license fee for each item sold. Jeff simply said that he didn't have the time and resources to deal with that type of requirement, therefore no more apparel sales. And, he explained that Heartland Logo apparel was available from Heartland's marketing company in Elkhart (I don't remember the name). I don't blame him one bit. Jeff posted that message two or three months ago; I don't remember the exact date. Now, all of a sudden, Scott seems compelled to reply and offer a very self-serving apology because he thinks Jeff was blaming Heartland for cutting off the apparel sales. Give me a break.
When I received Jeff's message announcing the resumption of the forum, I was in the process of drafting a message to him and I was going to suggest that he do exactly what he did; that is, remove the "Ask the Factory" forums and continue the exchange of information among forum members. If you have a need for information from the factory, contact them on your own. Scott has a phone number and an email address, as do all of the other principals at Heartland. Don't expect a third party such as Jeff or Jim to provide you with a communication channel to the factory. If you ask them about something and get some good information, then you can share it on the forum as I would expect anyone else to do.
No, I don't own a Heartland trailer either, but I have pulled a lot of them all over the country. I have to tell you that the first time I pulled a Landmark I was very impressed with everything about it. (Might even buy one in the future.) However, the last several Heartlands I have pulled have been Bighorns and, in my opinion, when they started the Bighorn line they made a big mistake. They should have concentrated on Landmarks and tried to make them better instead of getting greedy and trying to market to a segment of buyers that wanted Landmarks but didn't want to pay for them.