Not up to Heartland's normal standards

4ever

First, I would like to say that we love our new Landmark. Like all the upgrades from our previous unit and are glad we purchased it.

We have purchased 3 new Heartland RV's in the last 5 years. We had a 2009 Bighorn, 2011 Landmark and now a 2014 Landmark. We contiued to purchase Heartland RV's for various reasons including the good customer service we have always recived. Now I am just a little disappointed in the customer service and in Heartland's Management.

We purchased our new 2014 Landmark back in June. While at the dealer we noticed that the 2 dining chairs did not match each other. The dealer informed us that they would order new chairs. When we got the rig home we unwrapped the 2 folding chairs and noticed that they matched each other however, they did not match the 2 standard chairs. In fact the two folding chairs did match the table and the 2 standard chairs did not. We now have 4 chairs in 3 different wood colors. When we went back to the dealer in August and they had 1 new standard chair for us. The new chair matched the table and matched the folding chairs. We still had one chair that did not match. Heartland had informed the dealer that they would only replace the one chair. The next day I took the 2 chairs over to Heartland Customer Service and met with three indviduals. They all agreed that the chairs did not match however, they would not replace the other chair. They claimed they were not diffrent enough. These were some of the excuses we were given.

- Probably stained by two different people
- May have applied more pressure when staining one versus the other
- The chair will fade over time. (my favorite)

On August 17th I sent a letter to Coley Brady, VP Sales explaning our situation and asking for a response. My letter was detailed and polite. After 3 weeks I had not received a response. On September 11th I sent additional letters to Jim Beletti, Director of Owners Interest and Jim Koffman, Regional Manager. As of today I have had no response.

First I can't believe that I have a brand new 2014 Landmark and have to live with chairs that do not match. Secondly, I can't beilieve that 3 diffrent Managers at Heartland have not responded to my letters. This is not the Heartland I knew. Perhpas they did not get the letters.

Ted

Theresau

Have you called HL customer service directly? One of our chairs had a leg too short - all I had to do was email a picture and they sent me a new chair.

4ever

Yes. As I have indicated above Heartland Customer Service agreed they were different. However, they will not replace.

jbeletti

Ted,

Thank you for being a loyal customer (3 Hearltands thus far)! I apologize for this chair mess. A letter was given to me last time I was in Elkhart (I don't work out of Elkhart). It was a letter from you. I put it in my briefcase and brought it with me on this current trip. Sorry that I have not yet read it. Now I know what's in it.

I'm flagging this up to Corporate tonight. It's my hope we can make this right - ASAP.

4ever

Jim,

Thanks for your assistance. I figured that perhaps the letters may have gotten misplaced.

Ted

4ever

Jim,

Just wanted to say THANKS! Recived a call from Heartland Customer Service and they are going to ship us a new chair. I really appreciate you getting involved and getting it resolved.

Thanks again

Ted