Kitchen Backplash

Like many of you, I didn't like the look of the current BH kitchen backsplashes. At first, I was going to put these adhesive tiles across the entire backsplash, but at the last minute, decided it would look good to surround the current backsplash. In addition, these adhesive tiles cannot take harsh chemicals or scrubbing and would be hard to clean if grease splattered on them from the stove.

The tiles I put on are dark brown and admittedly a little hard to see, but it looks beautiful in person.

Bighorn Tile #1.jpg

Bighorn Tile #2.jpg

I also replaced the crappy bathroom wallpaper backspash with the same tile.

Garypowell

I like the look. I also like that HL now seems to cover the stove top with countertop material. Great look.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
It looks good.

We didn't have a kitchen backsplash issue on the RK model but we sure needed to do something with the bathroom. We also changed the faucet as the original barely cleared the back of the sink.

IMG_5190.jpg IMG_5192.jpg

I like the idea of replacing the bathroom faucet. I've owned 4 coaches, including 2 HL's, and all of them have had a faucet that barely clears the back of the sink. Makes washing hands or brushing teeth really cumbersome.

happykraut

I also replaced the the bathroom faucet with a high quality Pegasus faucet. Also replaced the backsplash with a adhesive backed vinyl type tile. Very easy to install and clean. It is available at some Home Depots or http://www.thesmarttiles.com/IMG_0221.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did it! Using the SmartTile product like Bernie, here are pics of my install of the bathroom backsplash.

zyta2u2e.jpg

Before

5a8ejyqy.jpg

Loosening the wall plug

5u6ery5y.jpg

Prying away the corner molding

aqu4ugeb.jpg

measuring and drawing a guide

buqa9yje.jpg

Rough layout

aguqygez.jpg

First piece. Cut 3 "tiles" to fit behind the wall plug housing.

nujy2aru.jpg

Back wall

upehegur.jpg

Cutting

nyjymyzy.jpg

Pry the shower surround up slightly to slip the tiles behind.

nu5yju8u.jpg

Finished!

zanana4u.jpg

Close up of the tiles. The pattern matches the countertop exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

We have a box full of Smart Tile waiting to become the back splash behind our kitchen sink this winter when we head to AZ. It was hard to find. The Home Depot store we got it at said it was hard to get and hard to keep in stock. We had to wait a month for their next shipment to come in. Can't wait to put it in and see how it looks. After we saw Bernies we knew we had to have it....Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Every time I see these at Lowes, I want to try them as a back splash. Anyone have any experience with these? http://www.americantinceilings.com/...lash tiles*b&gclid=COik4_ie1boCFQpnOgoddFcAyQ

We looked closely at both the real tin ones and the plastic knock-offs, but eventually decided it would be easier to use the stick-on tiles so went that route. But we do like the look of the ones you're considering. I would definitely stick with the real tin as the plastic ones could be a fire/melting hazard.

TravelTiger

We looked closely at both the real tin ones and the plastic knock-offs, but eventually decided it would be easier to use the stick-on tiles so went that route. But we do like the look of the ones you're considering. I would definitely stick with the real tin as the plastic ones could be a fire/melting hazard.

They do have a warning as to how close to heat they can be. We opted for real tin on the kitchen backsplash.

yport

Nice job gotjackson on the backsplash. Our new 2014 BH likewise came through with the dumbest - mismatched backsplash over just the stove area. We were real disappointed as we had seen a nice looking full length backsplash on the 2013 model on Heartland's website. I asked our dealer to contact Heartland, as they must still have the material in stock. Our dealer did, and Heartland sent them a full roll of it ... dealer installed before we picked it up. What a huge difference! They also ordered from the factory for me - and changed out - the gold hanging light globes over the island for plain white ones that were also pictured on their 2013 web site images.

011.JPGDSC07287.jpg

TravelTiger

Did you use brads or Liquid Nails???

e8e3u9u5.jpg

I am sure I have posted a better pic but here is one I found on my phone. The area is in a slide so it had corner moulding on both sides. The tin is behind the corner moulding, so that pretty much held the ends. I used Command adhesive strips to hold to the wall, just in case we wanted to remove it.