Furnace ?

I used the furnace for the first time this morning and it blows heat great out of the floor in the living kitchen area but not in elevated areas. Bathroom and bedroom. It blows out of ducted roof ac vents and its cooler air. What could be the problem.

2012 greystone 29bl fifth wheel.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like your thermostat is set to either high or low. You need to go through the thermostat menu and change the fan setting to 'Auto'.
That will prevent the fan in the AC unit from running while the heat is on.
As for the lack of air flow to the upper areas, take a look at the ducting that should be attached to the plenum. It may have become disconnected.

Peace
Dave

How do I look at the duct work. Is it something that should be visible under rv or under baggage area

danemayer

How do I look at the duct work. Is it something that should be visible under rv or under baggage area

You'll probably have to take down the rear basement storage wall on the furnace side. Probably held in with 4 or 6 screws. Sometimes the screws are hard to see, but if you have a magnet, you'll be able to easily locate them. On rigs with a Universal Docking Center (UDC), there may be 3 screws from the UDC going into the side of the plywood.