Don't kick the tires

HornedToad

You know how when you have a truck... all your friends want you to help them move something.

I agreed to help my friend John pick up an ATV he borrowed in a trailer he borrowed from someone else. We get hooked up to the trailer and I tell him to kick the tires and check the lights.

OK John... are the lights working? Yup they're all good... are the tires OK? Yup hard as a rock.
Let's go!!!

About 5 miles down the road a car passed and gave us the flat tire sign. We pulled over and sure enough a tire was flat as a pancake. When I went to put air in the tire, the valve stem was busted.

I wonder what kicked it out???

The moral of the story...

Don't kick the tires, and especially don't have someone else kick them for you.

PS My air gauge was in my toolbox on my trailer, but that is no excuse,
I was towing that trailer and that makes me responsible.

MTPockets

What in the world was this guy John doing? A borrowed ATV, and a borrowed trailer, then he gets you to tow them? On the surface just sounds weird.

HornedToad

What in the world was this guy John doing? A borrowed ATV, and a borrowed trailer, then he gets you to tow them? On the surface just sounds weird.

He was organizing a charity golf tournament, he borrowed a trailer to haul the ATV to the course as the hole-in-one prize. I'll say it was borrowed because nobody won and after the tournament we had to take it back to the dealer.

And yes... it was a good deed!!!

MTPockets

He was organizing a charity golf tournament, he borrowed a trailer to haul the ATV to the course as the hole-in-one prize. I'll say it was borrowed because nobody won and after the tournament we had to take it back to the dealer.

And yes... it was a good deed!!!
Kudo's to John'

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You know how when you have a truck... all your friends want you to help them move something.

I've always had a truck since the mid 80's . . . all vans or cargo trucks until my current Dodge 4 x 4.

And yes . . . I always get asked to help people move.

I always respond with "Sure, I'll drive . . . the rest is up to you!" :p