Lucky today

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Feel lucky today. Had only been on the road under two hours, and I saw what I believed to be smoke coming off the driver's side tires. Have a Tire Pressure Monitoring system, it didn't do squat which I'm pretty peeved at. TowMax tire, 6600 miles on it, never driver over 65, trailer UNDER weight. Really disappointed.

It had just started ripping from the sidewall, so there was still some air in it as I was pulling over. No damage to the rig or the rim, which I'm thankful for.

Only bright sides, ease of getting the spare was good. Good Sam Roadside Assistance was there in under 40 minutes. Found out my air compressor would work with my Honda 2k generator.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Feel lucky today. Had only been on the road under two hours, and I saw what I believed to be smoke coming off the driver's side tires. Have a Tire Pressure Monitoring system, it didn't do squat which I'm pretty peeved at. TowMax tire, 6600 miles on it, never driver over 65, trailer UNDER weight. Really disappointed.

It had just started ripping from the sidewall, so there was still some air in it as I was pulling over. No damage to the rig or the rim, which I'm thankful for.

Only bright sides, ease of getting the spare was good. Good Sam Roadside Assistance was there in under 40 minutes. Found out my air compressor would work with my Honda 2k generator.

Glad you got off without any damage. Anyone running the Towmax tires, its just a matter of time until your luck will run out. On our Bighorn I changed our wheels and tired out to 17.5" as soon as we got it. We had 3 blow outs on our previous rig and I wasn't going to chance having another. Just my humble opinion

Rod Ditrich:cool:

Mizmary

We are very nervous towing the 45 miles from the rally. Our tires have less than 150 miles on them. And they already look like they've been driven.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
They most likely have more than that as I am sure your trailer was hauled from the factory to the dealership plus what you have put on it.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
I guess we could consider ourselves lucky as well. We just replaced two of the Towmax tires on our rig. We picked up a screw in one and one of the other three appeared to be starting to separate. I estimate we have about 8,000 miles on the tires plus the 2,000 or so for delivery to the west coast. The "screwed" tire could have been plugged but we decided to get a pair of new ones for the back axle and leave the other two on the front axle. Our TPMS worked perfectly as the air was slowly seeping out of the punctured tire. By the way, we picked up the screw as we were backing into our space in an RV park in St. George, UT. If it had to happen, it couldn't have been at a better location. We had great service at a Discount Tire store in Washington, UT, just a couple miles up the road from the RV park.

priorguy

That Good Sam Club Membership just paid for itself I bet, and then some.