Feedback Requested - Front Bath Landmark

jbeletti

Hey Heartlanders,

Is there any interest out there in a Landmark "Front Bathroom" floor plan, similar in concept to our Bighorn 3875 FB?

See the attached "concept layout". We're showing it here with another 1/2 bath on the main level. Does this additional 1/2 bath interest you?

Would you rather have a "walk-in pantry" instead of the 1/2 bath?

Landmark-FB-Concept.jpg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think the half bath should be optional....to replace a standard walk in pantry...choice is always better!! However I don't care for RE layouts....bad for TV watching.

For us, after the last few days, I might have considered a unit with a half bath....is that TMI?? LOL

After looking closer, please tell me that's not a dishwasher in the Island like I wanted??? Will that fit in my current island???

danemayer

I agree on making it optional. We'd prefer the pantry.

I don't see washer/dryer space, unless it's the off-door side closet. That'd be a deal breaker for us.

Separate issue: wondering whether having that front bathroom results in pipes compromising the basement storage.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
As with every camper we've looked at. It has some good features and some bad features. I like the option of choosing a half bath or a pantry. where is the washer/dryer hook-ups? Are they in front of the full bath? Certainly would not consider this rig because of the hard angle looking at the TV from the recliners. (one of the reasons we got rid of our Pinehurst and got the San Antonio) Just some thoughts and biased opinions

Greengas

Hi

My DW and I looked at a front bath model from another brand and did not care for it. While it does give you a very nice, large, bathroom it means that anyone taking a shower has to walk through your bedroom. Also, looking at the kitchen, there is not a bunch of counter top space. For us, again, that would have made the coach a no go. For something that big to have that little counter space is, in my opinion, silly. I like the idea of induction top but if you are boon docking for a short time and don't have a generator that means no cook top unless it is running off the 12v. I agree with the comments about rear entertainment, I like to have the TV across from where I am sitting. And I also concur with having the option between the 1/2 bath and a walk in pantry. Or maybe add the option about just additional counter top space with cabinets above and below. Ok, enough of my opinion. I'm sure others are waiting to have their say. :)

danemayer

Missed the counterspace in my earlier comment. With the frig and the cooktop, there's almost none. A bit on the island.

Btw, I have no problem with watching the rear TV from the rear swivel recliner. The TV picture isn't compromised by the angle. It's nice to have the large window on the off-door-side and the TV lowers when not in use, opening up the rear picture window completely. RE makes a very open floorplan with lots of natural light.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can't tell there's a window on the back wall behind the tv. With 55" set, my guess it's mounted on the back wall .

The washer hookups are the closet beside the shower, at least that's where they are in the BH.

Much like with the residential fridge, maybe the induction cooktop could be on the same type of inverter?

I agree with the tv angle issue, we won't do a RE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

K

karykatz

Thank you for yoiur feedback. Answers to a few questions

1. W/D closet is next to the shower. Allows for a huge walk in closet
2. 55 in TV is mounted on the rear wll so window in rear, however would be mounted on swing arm so you can adjust the angle

This is just a concept- we have had great early retail success with the New Bighorn 3875FB and have had several inquiries into bath and 1/2 for Landmark.

Please keep the comments and ideas coming. We want to build the best coach avilable for your needs!!!!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
WHat happens with the plumbing, especially the waste drains? How does this affect the basement storage area?

K

karykatz

Sorry - I meant to address

plumbing doesn't affect outside storage no exposed plumbing

dbbls59

I don't like the rear enterainment either. Instead of the 1/2 bath I would prefer a pantry. Change the present pantry in the kitchen area into a cabinet with counter space and an overhead storage. We saw the front bath at the rally this summer and my wife told Cory that there needed to be a 2 or 3 way mirror in the front bath. It would be very easy to do since there are already two medicine cabinets. Switch them around so the hinge is on the inside, have mirrors on the outside of the doors and you have a two way mirror. I have had to make my wife a two or three way mirror in every house and RV we have had since 1970 when we lived in a house with one. I like the concept of the front bath however these trailers are getting very long.

porthole

Retired
I like the concept, with changes. No RE for me either. Move the door side slide towards the rear or just make it longer, put the TV opposite.
55"? yeah, I like that.

Theresau

Really surprised by the vote on no RE. We loved our 3410 RE BH. Had no problem with viewing the TV at all. Just turned the recliners. Even with a side TV, there's going to be side viewing from the rear - chairs or sofa. Really liked having the counter in the rear and the full window view when the TV was down. We usually kept the TV down during the day.

In regard to the 1/2 bath - would need this so that you could use bath when traveling. But I vote for an option for walk in pantry for those that don't feel that need.

Liked the BH version but it had the sofa in the rear - really like that floorplan. IWith side TV, would like TV to go up and down with window behind it. This was a huge discussion point at the Novi RV show by a couple of customers that they wanted a window at that side - did not like it that there was no window at all on that side. This would have alleviated that concern. (And they were adamant about this...) The floorplan on the website shows a window over the range but there wasn't one in the coach at the RV show.

Bryced15

So very excited to see this thread! We currently own a landmark and we are going to be ordering a new coach the 1st of the year. We really like the bighorn 3875fb, but are torn because we'd love to stick with the Landmark line. So, needless to say this is very exciting. We would go with the extra 1/2 bath as we have company often. It would be nice for them not to have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Also keeps down on foot traffic on the bedroom carpet. Not a huge fan of the rear entertainment. We like the set up of the current 3875fb entertainment. We wouldn't want to lose the rear window and would prefer to have the optional theatre seating across from the entertainment system. We really like the living/kitchen setup of the Savannah, but merge that with the bath and 1/2. A request we would like to make is for more cabinet space at the foot of the bed in the bedroom. Maybe something like the Savannah with cabinets surrounding the window, or even better another slide out at the foot of the bed full of cabinets and tv. When is this likely to be released in the Landmark line roughly?

Last edited:
I like the concept, but would like the extra storage of a pantry instead of the 1/2 bath. As others have said, I would also personally prefer the TV in the off door side, with the couch in the rear.

GlenStMary

The TV definitely needs to be on a lift so a window could still be in place. For us, moving a recliner out some solves the viewing issue for us. Definitely need more counter space. Additional counter space could be gained by moving the pantry w/drawers to the back side of the ½ bath wall and going with just an upper and lower cabinet where the cabinet w/ drawers was changed. I assume the large closet behind the cap will still be there allowing a washer/dryer to be installed in the closet in the bath. I'd also like to see the dresser in the bedroom extended to the wall by the steps. Move the window in the bedroom to a position above the dresser and build cabinets on both sides of the window for storage.

dave10a

The front bath has potential, but I don't like the rest of layout. Seems wasteful and non functional. Another brand featured recently in Trailer Life did a better job with layout.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I really like the front bath idea. I think the option for a pantry would really give an owner an opportunity to add a lot of unneeded weight without realizing what they've done.
I would like to see an "L" shaped counter with upper & lower cabinets in place of the 1/2 bath but the overload potential is still there.

brianharrison

How heavy will the pin weight be? I saw the specs on the BH FB and the pin was advertised near 3000.

With options and real world loading will this get to 3500-3600?

There seems to be a 'lot' of trailer between where the wheels would be located and the pin.

Brian