I need a Kingpin lock for new 3400RL

I picked up our new 3400RL last week in Indiana and got her back to Arkansas in one piece although the weather didn't cooperate very well.
I ran into some freezing rain in the St. Louis area that had me on edge for a couple of hours.

I am looking for recommendations on a good quality king pin lock. Our unit will be under a covered awning at a storage facility and I would hate to see someone back under her and drive off. There seems to be lots of choices out there on locks and I know I can get good advice here.

I can't wait to get our 3400 out for a weekend shakedown. Maybe we'll get a warm weekend soon and we'll do just that. I still can't believe the quality and workmanship that Heartland put into this unit. I have looked her over from stem to stern and can hardly find a blemish anywhere on the unit ! Thanks Heartland !! Hope to see some of you in Branson in the spring.

Jeff:)

Last edited:

jimtoo

That is a good looking lock.

But I use about 5 or 6 links of a good heavy 1/2' chain and a large Master lock. Just wrap the chain around the groove of the pin and lock it. You can only get to one side of the links with bolt cutters and if they use more than that, they are gonna take it regardless of what you have.

Jim

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The War-Lok is a great pin lock. It has a nice tapered design. I have one and it works great.

p_t2.jpg
The TKP-10 is a highly effective king pin lock designed for dropped trailers. The conical shaped lock is lighter then most high-end king pin locks and wide enough to deflect the fifth wheel plate of a would-be thief tractor. The TKP-10 comes standard in powder silver for color.

Tom of Ypsi

We have the Guardian and have used it for 5 years without any problems. Camping World use to sell them, do not know if they still do. We rarely use the lock now that we are fulltiming unless we will be gone from our home for a while.

Thanks for the info to all who responded. I like the war-loc the best. Is the kingpin diameter the same on the 5er as on an 18 wheeler?? I know the war-loc is primarily sold for the big rigs ? right??

Thanks, Jeff

phranc

Your local truck stop may have some to look at and make comparisons..King pin diameter is the same

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
I also have the Guardian like John it is really good. I have used it on my trailers for about seven years no problems. I would recommend it.
Regards
Wayne