Outside speakers.

Rgill

The Jensen MS5006W outside speakers were terrable. I removed them and discovered the cone was riped loose all the way arround. Not only does this make them sound lousy but makes an easy place for water intrusion to the walls and inside of the trailer. I think this happens because the inside back of the speakers is not enclosed. Therefore when the door is slammed with no vents open the air pressure forces the cone out and ruptures them. I carefully put silicone arround the tare and after drying tryed them out before getting new ones. While not perfect, this made them sound pretty good and will keep the water out. I'll keep the stove vent unlatched from now own to try to prevent this fron happening again.
Ray

Chumbly

The Jensen MS5006W outside speakers were terrable. I removed them and discovered the cone was riped loose all the way arround. Not only does this make them sound lousy but makes an easy place for water intrusion to the walls and inside of the trailer. I think this happens because the inside back of the speakers is not enclosed. Therefore when the door is slammed with no vents open the air pressure forces the cone out and ruptures them. I carefully put silicone arround the tare and after drying tryed them out before getting new ones. While not perfect, this made them sound pretty good and will keep the water out. I'll keep the stove vent unlatched from now own to try to prevent this fron happening again.
Ray
Just remember to latch the stove vent before you tow your trailer...otherwise it will flap in the wind and break... it happened to us.

caissiel

Ray

Never tought of that it's true opening and closing the slides could push the cones out. I have been buying replacements 4 at a time and change them often. I am looking for the speaker boxed types used on Keystone units. They are some hard to find on line. Might have to go to dealers. The box type are installed outside the wall and be able to plug the hole so pressure and moisture does not create problems.

Sent from my U8666-51 using Tapatalk 2

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On my 2013 Trail Runner, the outside Jensen speakers are not open to the inside of the trailer, but they still sound like kRap.

I just had them rewired under warranty as they apparently were not wired up right and with the volume turned up all the way, you couldn't hear them five feet from the trailer.

Now that you can hear them . . . well . . . they still sound terrible.

One of them sounds like it is blown . . . even though I haven't had an opportunity to even try to blow one of them!

Not sure if it was worth the hassle getting them 'fixed'.

I also recently replaced the inside speakers with some good ones . . . much better than the stock speakers provided by Heartland!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I purchased a pair of these in white to replace the Jensens after they blew. They are about 400% better in sound quality than the factory speakers.
They do require enlarging the openings, which it did with a RotoZip. No regrets. Trace

Rgill

Trace or John or anyone, with the Jensen reciever set to Am radio, do you pick up a lot of noise from the converter. Mine does pretty good except when on AM radio. My hearing isn't good enough to be an audiophile anymore.
Thanks,
Ray

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Trace or John or anyone, with the Jensen reciever set to Am radio, do you pick up a lot of noise from the converter. Mine does pretty good except when on AM radio. My hearing isn't good enough to be an audiophile anymore.
Thanks,
Ray

I've only noticed noise when listening to AM radio if I have the TV turned on at the same time . . .

The TV, of course, is mounted on the wall about two feet from the Jensen stereo unit.

bsuds

I just replace the ones on my Big Country with some purchased off Ebay. There is only 1 3/4" depth to work with so had to find something that wasn't too deep. The ones I got worked great and I only had to enlarge the opening about 1/4"
The are made by Pyle and were very reasonably priced. Compared to buying local I saved well over $50