ATF: ElkRidge - front end seperating

Just returned from cross country trip. While on road front end started pulling away from sides. Caulking falling off. took to dealer and was told not covered by extended warrenty because they call it collision damage. There was no collision! It appears that that there are 4 screws that hold fron to frame. Two are broken and other two are pulling away. Not sure what to do. Dealer will fix for a price I am not willing to pay. Trailer is only 2 years old. Should not be falling apart. Please advise.
Thank you.

danemayer

Hi mpuglielli,

Sorry you're having this problem. On the one hand, it sounds like it's not a frame issue, on the other hand it might indicate water damage to the wood the screws are screwed into.

One possible action would be to replace the current screws with longer ones to see what happens. If the problem returns, you might need to have the cap removed to find out what's going on underneath.

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can probably get you some expert advice on what you should do and how much labor might be involved. It may come down to finding another servicer.

Btw, I'm not surprised at the extended warranty response. Most of them cover appliance malfunctions and similar problems, not structural issues. The "collision" response would only make sense to me if they could point to collision damage. But I'd bet if you push back, you'd find out that the policy excludes structural damage.