Campground outside K.C.

Blue Oval

Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a newbie. Picking up my first 5th wheel next week. I'm looking fitter a campground outside of Kansas city Kansas. The east side. I pick my camper up in lake st Louis Missouri and i want to find a spot my son can meet me. He is stationed at ft Riley Kansas. I'm trying to split the driving distance which is about 5 hours. We are on a time schedule and of course he had to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Bighorn5ver,

Congratulations on your new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you'll get some recommendations shortly.

olcoon

Don't know about any in KC,KS, but if you'd like I could recommend a couple just North of KC.

Blue Oval

I'm open for any suggestions. I live in Florida, so there is no way i can drive to Missouri and be 5 hours from kid and not see him. Just trying to make it easy for everyone.

dbbls59

I somewhat confused by your statement regarding a campground "outside of KC, Kansas, east side". East of KC, Kansas is KC, Missouri. There is no campgrounds between them. East of KC, MO at exit 23 is Trailside RV park. At exit 28 in Oak Grove, MO is a KOA. In Independence, MO at about exit 9 is Campus RV Park. On I-435 north of I-70 at Worlds of Fun is a campground. In Blue Springs there are several Jackson County parks with campgrounds. One just off I-470 south of I-70.

kowAlski631

If you have a smart phone, get the Good Sam travel guide & campground app. Then you can search by city. We do that along with RV Park reviews.

olcoon

You might try going to RV Park Reviews there are a some listed on there in Kansas that might help you. I don't know anything about them, but the reviews should help. Here are a few for you to look at on the Missouri side. Hope this helps!
Trailside RV Park - Grain Valley, MO
Jacomo Campground - Lee's Summit, MO
Longview Campground - Lee's Summit, MO
Millers Kampark - Liberty, MO
Campus RV Park - Independence, MO
Blue Springs Campground - Lee's Summit, MO
Worlds of Fun Village - Kansas City, MO
Basswood Resort - Platte City, MO
Camp Branch Campground - Smithville, MO
Crows Creek Campground - Smithville, MO
Smith's Fork Campground - Smithville, MO

Blue Oval

dbbls59:331155 said:
I somewhat confused by your statement regarding a campground "outside of KC, Kansas, east side". East of KC, Kansas is KC, Missouri. There is no campgrounds between them. East of KC, MO at exit 23 is Trailside RV park. At exit 28 in Oak Grove, MO is a KOA. In Independence, MO at about exit 9 is Campus RV Park. On I-435 north of I-70 at Worlds of Fun is a campground. In Blue Springs there are several Jackson County parks with campgrounds. One just off I-470 south of I-70.

My apologies.....not real familiar with that area. Yes that would be Missouri. That's why the oak grove site wasn't coming up under Kansas. Lol thanks for clearing that up.

Blue Oval

olcoon:331166 said:
You might try going to RV Park Reviews there are a some listed on there in Kansas that might help you. I don't know anything about them, but the reviews should help. Here are a few for you to look at on the Missouri side. Hope this helps!
Trailside RV Park - Grain Valley, MO
Jacomo Campground - Lee's Summit, MO
Longview Campground - Lee's Summit, MO
Campus RV Park - Independence, MO
Blue Springs Campground - Lee's Summit, MO
Worlds of Fun Village - Kansas City, MO
Basswood Resort - Platte City, MO
Camp Branch Campground - Smithville, MO
Crows Creek Campground - Smithville, MO
Smith's Fork Campground - Smithville, MO