BigHorb Stove

DJGood

Hello Everyone
I have noticed my BighHorn stove only has 1 burner that is adjustable, meaning, I can lower the temp on it. The other 2 burners can only be on high.
Is this normal? Do most RV's only have one burner that is adjustable? Since this is our first RV, I was thinking that this is normal, I just was not aware of this.
Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debi :rolleyes:

HTWT

HTWT
DJ, After Pop-ups this is the second coach I've had, both stoves the same. I've noticed that propane does not heat as effeciently as natural gas and you have to keep a lid on the spaghetti pot to boil the water at first. We've gotten used to it and can say we make some great meals. Of course we like the grill, we carry a gas and a charcoal one with us. HTWT

DJGood

BigHorn Stove

HTWT
Thanks for the info. I feel so stupid asking just silly questions, this is our first RV, so everything is new to us.
I was only fixing veggies for dinner, so it was no problem, it just seemed strange to only have one burner that was adjustable.
Thanks again for your help.
Chris and Debi

jbeletti

Hi Debi (DjGood),

Don't feel too silly asking about all things RV! We have all been there. Heck, there are still things I am unsure of on my trailer (like winterizing).

I have used my stove several times in my Landmark but when the airconditioning is on, I am doing my best to keep it "all grill". I even boiled water in a pan on the grill last weekend.

Take care and keep asking those questions as you have a whole community (albeit small at this point) here to help you out.

Jim

BigBlue

BigBlue
Debie
Even though the knob doesn't show any adjustment, if you watch the flame you can back off on the knob and reduce the heat somewhat. It's not as much as the adjustable flame but it can help.
Jim

DJGood

BigHorn Stove

Hey Everyone
Thanks for the info. I did try to back the flame down, it helped a little, but things still cooked really fast. Oh well, I will learn. Or Chris has to do all the cooking outside....(Now why didn't I think of that this past weekend. Darn!)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
DebiNone

phranc

stove

Maybe the newer stoves are different ,but on our present 5th the stove will adjust ,on all 3 burners ,to almost going out. The center burner ,the one closest to you will turn up somewhat higher . the RV is a 99 year model and we hope also that the new stove (in the on order BH) will adjust correctly.
DJ, on some gas stoves I've had in the home , you could adjust the range of the flame with a small screw inside the stove top in back of the gas valve .Never needed to fool with the RV stove .Only had the top off for cleaning .
Take a look . or perhaps we might have a appliance guru on board

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi DJ
You should be able to adjust all the burners. What the main difference is that the front burner is refered to as, high speed, this will burn hotter than the back two, but still is adjustable. Hope this helps, and welcome to the Heartland family, enjoy.

phranc

Now that I've had a chance to look at the new one ,it is exactly like you said.Only the front burner is marked for adjustment .But as Big Blue said ,by being careful you can adjust the 2 back burners..

DJGood

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the updates, I understand what ya'll are saying, just seems funny to me that only the first burner is adjustable. But hey, that's okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my stove.
Thanks again, Debi

Cheryl

Mine all adjust, although only the front one is marked that way. I just look at the flame of the back 2 to get it where I want it.

ChopperBill

Just going down old posts and came across this one. The stove in our truck camper has all three adjustable knobs. If the new Bighorn comes with 2 knobs that arnt adjustable I don't even want to be any where near my wife when she finds out! :eek:

v92c

Texan
ChopperBill said:
Just going down old posts and came across this one. The stove in our truck camper has all three adjustable knobs. If the new Bighorn comes with 2 knobs that arnt adjustable I don't even want to be any where near my wife when she finds out! :eek:

I was thinking the same thing!!! In our 2005 Laredo all three burners were adjustable.