Heartland sales skyrocketing??

grizzlygiant

I also follow RV.net forum and notice what seems to be an explosions of Bighorn posters. As a relatively new owner of a BH 3400, it looks like I made a popular choice!! I wonder what the actual Heartland numbers show? ;)

On edit: The "thumbs down" smiley was in error...mis-red the keys. Should have been a big "THUMBS UP".

Last edited:

campntn

I am sure that after the North Trail gets some visibility, it too will skyrocket. I can't wait to pull it out and into Natchez Trace park. :D
Mark

fishn2dmax

GrizzlyGiant,

I too have noticed a large increase in Heartland owners or people considering Heartland products on RV.Net. Sadly, there also seems to be a corresponding number of Heartland bashers ( some are eternal disgruntled Heartland owner types) that are very persistent in their agenda to discredit Heartland products and even this owners forum.

For some reason, Heartland products do seem to generate very polarized perceptions. Either people love them or they hate them? The good news is the more recent heartland owners tend to be very happy.

One thing is for sure, when you see a heartland related post on RV.Net, you can be sure there will be some contrasting perspectives. :rolleyes:

mufflerman

fishn2dmax said:
GrizzlyGiant,

I too have noticed a large increase in Heartland owners or people considering Heartland products on RV.Net. Sadly, there also seems to be a corresponding number of Heartland bashers ( some are eternal disgruntled Heartland owner types) that are very persistent in their agenda to discredit Heartland products and even this owners forum.

For some reason, Heartland products do seem to generate very polarized perceptions. Either people love them or they hate them? The good news is the more recent heartland owners tend to be very happy.

One thing is for sure, when you see a heartland related post on RV.Net, you can be sure there will be some contrasting perspectives. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm one of the DISGRUNTLED Heartland owner types. And I have very good reason to be DISGRUNTLED. When you pay $45,000.00 on a R.V. you would expect it to be useable, and when its not one would think the manufacturer & dealer(s) would find a way to make it usable. Unfortunately this has not been the case. After a while you get tired of being lied to and snowballed. Its been TWO years and I still don't have a usable trailer.
I think you would be DISGRUNTLED also?

azbound

Heartland Bashing

It appears to me that there are two types of BASHERS, those that have the earlier models when QC may have been questionable or those that seem to be threatened by Heartland. Example of the later, the CEO of NUWA. I have to ask my self why would the CEO of a major high end RV company go to the extremes to BASH a somewhat new competitor? My conclusion, CEO's are bottom line kind of people, and if the Botton line is suffering you go out and find out why and then take steps to rectify the cause. Well if you discover that your problem is a competitor (out of your control), then you have a choice. Compete with or discredit the competition. To compete requires that you justify the cost of your product or become price competitive. There lies the true problem, to truly compete would require dropping the price, how is that going to impact the bottom line? One thing left, surrender your dignity and publicly BASH the guy taking your business.

How many of us have had someone ask to see our BH then say man this is really nice how come I have never heard of Heartland. As the word goes out the sale will continue to increase and so will the BASHING, it is just humane nature. So every time you hear or read someone BASHING think of it as a compliment.

azbound

mufflerman said:
I guess I'm one of the DISGRUNTLED Heartland owner types. And I have very good reason to be DISGRUNTLED. When you pay $45,000.00 on a R.V. you would expect it to be useable, and when its not one would think the manufacturer & dealer(s) would find a way to make it usable. Unfortunately this has not been the case. After a while you get tired of being lied to and snowballed. Its been TWO years and I still don't have a usable trailer.

What dealer are you talking about? Have you contacted Heartland personally? What problems are you experiencing with the trailer that make it unusable?

grizzlygiant

mufflerman said:

Your complaints are hardly credible without details of what you are complaining about. No details, I write you off.

jbeletti

mufflerman (Ray) cannot respond to your message as he was banned last night. Honestly, I just could not take it anymore.

Ray feels you have to be a Heartland cheerleader to belong to this forum. Not so. This forum exists for owners and prospects to share information in order to help each other leverage their coaches and RVing to the maximum.

Ray did try and did help some folks. But too often, his posts were sour and or unhelpful. I had been working with Ray for months on the quality of his posts. the ball was in his court. In the end, he just couldn't live up to what I was looking for as a valuable member of the forum.

Does this mean that those reading this should be fearful of their membership status? Not at all. One doesn't need to hang around here long to understand what goes and what does not.

I don't take member banning lightly and it happens no more than about once per year. Ray is active (as bobnik) on RV.net and I am sure he'll continue to disuade prospects over there too.

I am not able to speak to the issues he is having with his trailer, what he has done to resolve them, how he has worked with Heartland etc. I just don't have the details and I don't want to get in the middle of it.

If anyone wishes to reach out to Ray, please feel free to do so on RV.net. Here's a link to PM him there.

Thank you,

Jim

todalake

Thumbs up Jim! Thanks for banning Ray. I think some negative comments are ok but in Ray's case it was so over the top everybody just blew him off as being one of those types. I look for constructive and helpful tips on the forum. We got our BC a couple of weeks ago and now it is in cold storage until spring. Hopefully I, the dealer , or the manufacturer can work out any problems that arise. Now about those Freestar tires that came on it..............:(

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
mufflerman

I just read Mufflermans List of problems on RV.net. I cant say if they are legit or not. But I would like to be a little mouse and see how high off the ground he gets it while off roading. It is after all a "TOYHAULER", and where do they go with them. "OFF ROADING", I know I will never take our BH off roading, it would tear it to pieces.:eek: Bob :D :D

Luv2RV

mufflerman

Bob&Patty said:
I just read Mufflerman's List of problems on RV.net. I cant say if they are legit or not. But I would like to be a little mouse and see how high off the ground he gets it while off roading. It is after all a "TOYHAULER", and where do they go with them. "OFF ROADING", I know I will never take our BH off roading, it would tear it to pieces.:eek: Bob :D :D

I do know that the problems Mufflerman has experienced with his Cyclone are TRUE, as I have witnessed several of the defects presented in his trailer. It is very appalling that people keep saying it is "Bashing by him" when in reality it is a "Lack of Customer Service/Satisfaction".

I think that if Heartland really wanted him to stop talking, they should've corrected his situation way before now. But nope, they banned him instead. Go figure!

Oh and by the way, "Off Roading" is used for "Toys", not Toyhaulers!

jbeletti

Luv2RV,

Heartland RVs did not ban Ray, I banned him. Heartland RVs did not ask me to ban Ray.

Heartland RVs has a presence on this forum at our request, but they do not operate it.

Ray's issues with his trailer were not going to get solved online. Many of Ray's posts on this forum were jaded by the bad taste in his mouth for Heartland. I understand that. But say it and move on. That's the rule. He was not able to do so. I tried to work with him but in the end, I did what I had to do. That said, it's all still here on the forum for all to read, for all to take in, for all to judge for all to decide on their own for their own situation, what bearing it will have in their own decision making process.

In no way does my action on this forum have anything to do with what he can or cannot get from Heartland with regard to issues with his unit. He is on his own to work that out but not here, not on this forum.

We all wish him the best. Truly.

Thanks for joining the forum - we hope to gain from your RVing knowledge through your posts here.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Luv2RV, sorry if I offended you, but I have been out to the Calif. desert races more times than I could shake a stick at. And I can truthfully say that I would never treat my equipment the way they do on the roads going to the races. 50-60mph on dirt roads that I would not drive over 10mph, throwing rocks on the vehicals behind you. Maybe Ray does'nt do that,I dont know. I wish him good fortune with Heartland and having his coach repaired to his satisfaction. Bob,Pat and the cat:D :D :eek: PS how do you get your toys out to where you are going then?

Loco

I can see how Mufflerman feels. I have been there. But putting his troubles on here will not get them fixed. He will find fixes,like I did to ours and put on here. We also had troubles with our Cyclone. But I know how some dealers are. It is not all Heartland. If your dealer is no good then you can not get it fixed right, Again, I know how some of the dealers are. They can not get good help to work on these things. Some can. That is why I fixed ours myself. Now I know it is right. If something else goes out I will fix it also. If you own one of these things it is better if you can fix it yourself. But not everyone can. So you have to rely on a dealer. I hear so many friends that can not get their rigs fixed and they do not own Heartlands. It is just the nature of having a RV I guess. I have had some of them beg me to work on their rigs. But I have a hard time keeping up with my own work. But as I have said before we love our rig now. Would I change to another make? NO. Would I buy another Heartland? I can not say for sure. All I know is our rig is doing great after all my hours of work and all the miles we have put on it. Which I enjoy doing anyway. So to the folks having troubles with Heartland. I see the other out there in the shop all the time also. They are all built as fast and cheap as they can. We are happy with ours now and we love showing it off to all who wish to see. Also the toyhaulers are a breed of their own. So you cannot compare them to the other Trailers.

Last edited:

fishn2dmax

mufflerman said:

Jim,

While Ray's post does come across a very disgruntled owner, I don't see anything in this particular post that would warrant being booted? I guess I haven't seen his other threads or posts to be able to ascertain his overall "contribution" ? I too hope this forum continues to be open to those that are having challenges. While some unhappy owners use a flawed methodology ( bashing Heartland) in order to gain attention to their plight, there is a much larger population of happy owners that will assist you keep the them in check and moving toward a proper resolution.
The reality is there are a number of early Heartland owners that have had, and continue to have, problems long after their warranty periods have expired - may heart goes out to them.

While I don't usually agree with some of the chronic complainers that continue to state their stories over and over again in the other public forums and the Heartland owners forum, an open owners forum is one of the main reason why I chose to purchase a heartland product. I knew that if I ever encountered a serious issue, I had access to an owners forum that I could count on for good advice and guidance. As a collective group of Heartland owners, I believe we are able to decifer the chronic complainers vs. those that really have problems and issues and need a little positive reinforcement to keep the faith.

Let's hope that the majority of complaints that are coming from early owners of heartland products diminish, not because they're booted or asked to leave the forum, but because they're getting supportive advice; finding resolution and finally joining the majority of happy Heartland owners.

Respectfully,

G.S

Last edited:

Luv2RV

It's not so much that you offended me, it's reading several postings and seeing all the smurk remarks given upon assuption. I just felt that this should be clarified a little.
As far as getting the Toys out to play, a huge group of campers stay at a paved parking lot behind a business that has allowed the public to use it. The campers keep it clean. It is a prime location because the trail to the dunes is right behind it. There is no tearing up the trailers which is nice. I have camped there with Ray.
But also, I am aware of the damage the CA desert can do. I grew up there on dirt bikes and 4 wheel trucks. Although, back then it was an 8' camper. :)

Luv2RV

fishn2dmax said:
Jim,

While Ray's post does come across a very disgruntled owner, I don't see anything in this particular post that would warrant being booted? I guess I haven't seen his other threads or posts to be able to ascertain his overall "contribution" ? I too hope this forum continues to be open to those that are having challenges. While some unhappy owners use a flawed methodology ( bashing Heartland) in order to gain attention to their plight, there is a much larger population of happy owners that will assist you keep the them in check and moving toward a proper resolution.
The reality is there are a number of early Heartland owners that have had, and continue to have, problems long after their warranty periods have expired - may heart goes out to them.

While I don't usually agree with some of the chronic complainers that continue to state their stories over and over again in the other public forums and the Heartland owners forum, an open owners forum is one of the main reason why I chose to purchase a heartland product. I knew that if I ever encountered a serious issue, I had access to an owners forum that I could count on for good advice and guidance. As a collective group of Heartland owners, I believe we are able to decifer the chronic complainers vs. those that really have problems and issues and need a little positive reinforcement to keep the faith.

Let's hope that the majority of complaints that are coming from early owners of heartland products go away, not because they're booted or asked to leave the forum, but because they're finding resolution and becoming happy Heartland owners.

Respectfully,

G.S

Thank you G.S. "As a collective group of Heartland owners, I believe we are able to decifer the chronic complainers vs. those that really have problems and issues and need a little positive reinforcement to keep the faith." I couldn't have said it better.