I'm really fed up lighting the oven pilot!

MTPockets

We travel a lot and one of my least favorite things is lighting the oven.. It's dark in there, I don 't get down easy and it 's harder getting up. Who makes an oven that can be lit standing up?... Will it fit where the old one fits?... While I'm at it, who makes one with a flat top, or glass top like home ovens.. Sure would make clean up a lot easier...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have not done it but I know some folks have added a click igniter like you see on a Bar-B-Que grill.

CarterKraft

Having no first hand experience on this I think it would be fairly easy to add a click style ignitor to any oven, water heater, etc.
This model is $11 at HomeDepot, I would imagine it could be made to work.

Garypowell

MT. does your unit have a combo convection/microwave? Might try that approach. Once we figured out ours was running 50 deg cooler than indicated we began to like it.

MTPockets

MT. does your unit have a combo convection/microwave? Might try that approach. Once we figured out ours was running 50 deg cooler than indicated we began to like it.
We have the convection oven but some things she prefers the gas oven. Is there a diagram or kit for the aftermarket starter? Is it reliable? How is it installed/where does the starter button mount?

CarterKraft

We have the convection oven but some things she prefers the gas oven. Is there a diagram or kit for the aftermarket starter? Is it reliable? How is it installed/where does the starter button mount?

Here's a old thread were a ignitor was installed, might have some things you can use.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
HERE IS A LINK to an old post that shows the location of the igniter and the button.
Hope this helps.
Remember, do not allow the oven chamber to fill up with gas before setting off the igniter. I believe safety is reason why the oven does not come so equipped.

Peace
Dave

marvmarcy

I replaced the piezo (click) igniter on the stove with an electronic igniter and added another to light the oven. Electronic igniters spark 3-4 time per second and are much quieter than piezos. I've posted this to several threads over the past year.