Is there a tool/accessory to for opening/closing vents and turning vent fans on/off?

JanSass

We are new owners of a 2011 Roadwarrior 395RW and love it! However, we're wondering if anyone's come up with a long handle or some method to open/close the roof vents and turn the fans off/on?? We're too old to be getting up/down off a stool to do this all the time!

danemayer

Hi JanSass,

Congratulations on the Roadwarrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You probably have an extra thermostat over the Furnace/Air Conditioning Thermostat that will manage the fan for you.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi JanSass,

Congratulations on the Roadwarrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You probably have an extra thermostat over the Furnace/Air Conditioning Thermostat that will manage the fan for you.

When you adjusted the secondary thermostat you will hear the door on the fan begin to open. When it gets fully opened the fan will start. The thermostat setting will regulate whether the fan runs or not and how much it runs. When the temperature is reached the fan should shut off and the door close.

Miller0758

We are new owners of a 2011 Roadwarrior 395RW and love it! However, we're wondering if anyone's come up with a long handle or some method to open/close the roof vents and turn the fans off/on?? We're too old to be getting up/down off a stool to do this all the time!

I presume you're talking about the little vent fans, not the fantatstic fans ... I don't know of a tool but hey, you may have just come up with an invention.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I thinking your wanting to change fan speed or turn off the fan leaving the vent open? We have one of those long arm grabbers specifically used for just that. I've seen them pretty much everywhere for a few bucks.

BobnBet

We bought a cheap, long handled wienie roaster at Walmart (in the camping section). Tape the little rubber tips onto the pointed forks and you have a tool that will open and close those vents. It has a nice wood handle. We used ours for years.

B

BouseBill

I'm 6' tall and use one of the boss lady's long handled tongs to adjust the fan speed, good luck :)

Lou_and_Bette

JanSass, I bought one of those tools from CW...you replace the metal handle with a knob that has a D-ring and the long handle that comes with the kit has a hook that fits in the D-ring so you can crank the vent open. Be careful if you install one of these. The screw in mine kept vibrating loose and I would find the vent partially open when I stopped...luckily the wind didn't rip the cover off.