Torque TQ290 Ordered

CarterKraft

A couple weeks ago I signed the papers on a TQ290 I can't wait to get, literally I can't wait.
I usually research things to death and this purchase has been no different. I originally had a Kodiak 292TQB on order but due to some time delays I cancelled that order and signed the deal on this one. I should get it at the end of October, but we'll see.

I have a ton of questions about the trailer but I am going to hold back until I get it to start asking them, I think the majority of my questions will answer themselves when I get to play with everything.

One question I do want to ask though is do the TT models of the Torque line come with automatic transfer switches?
I have seen a post on this board stating they do, but I haven't ever seen it in any brochures or elsewhere on the web.
I planned on installing a inverter and some batteries instead of a generator and a ATS would be really useful.

Do just the FW models have this or both TT and FW or neither?

Thanks in advance, did I say I can't wait!

danemayer

Hi CarterKraft,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The Torque Features and Options page shows Gen Prep/30 gal fuel cell as an option and transfer switches usually are part of the generator prep. If you didn't order the prep option you may want to modify the order.

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service Monday at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 to find out for sure and if necessary you can probably have the dealer modify the order. Ask for the Toy Hauler Product Manager.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
If you order the Fuel station / Gen Prep option yes the Transfer switch is included. If you have any other questions please let me know and welcome to the HEARTLAND family.

CarterKraft

Dan, thanks for looking at that for me. I got the gen prep and fuel station package just omitted the generator itself so if it should be included if it was meant to be. I may call and ask them anyway, just for fun.

CarterKraft

If you order the Fuel station / Gen Prep option yes the Transfer switch is included. If you have any other questions please let me know and welcome to the HEARTLAND family.

AJ, Thanks for answering my question. I did get the fuel station / Gen Prep and the transfer switch is a hidden bonus.

As I told jayc, a HOC director who messaged me when I joined the forum to research Heartland, I bought a Heartland product largely to do with the heartlandowners.org forum and it's members. I really value forums for most of hobbies and just information in general.
It is nice to see a forum that is "part" of a business, and has enough members who care about the product to support the effort.
Moderation of forums is not easy, but these guys/gals seem to do a great job.

AJJONES

Absolutely and I couldn't agree more!!!! It is also a great way for the factory to have direct communication for product ideas, and ways to improve the product in the future. The HOF is a great place with a lot of great people with valuable information. We greatly appreciate your business, you’re going to love your 290, I did a lot of camping this summer in a 290 with my family and it is an awesome TT. When inside you would never know you’re in a TT because of the HUGE living space that the unit has throughout and with the wide trax suspension it really towed great even when loaded down with toys. When looking at all of the TT toy hauler floor plans in the industry you will find the 290 gives you the best bang for your buck with the best floor plan.

u3a9ajap.jpg

CarterKraft

Thanks AJ

I really can't say it enough, how great this forum is.

I showed your last post to my wife and she was blown away that you would comment. She said " I can't believe he has time to do that".
I said I know these guys get it.

Then she wanted me to ask a couple of more questions.
1. Will the unit have stainless appliances, it says it does on the invoice, but we weren't sure.
2. With the chocolate interior what color will the sofa be? Specifically light or dark?

I will be on vacation all week so no rush :D

CarterKraft

RhinoWhino, I actually stalked you a little looking for pictures, reviews etc. Glad you jumped in here, thanks for the picture and glad to hear you like it.

AJJONES

Yes it does come with stainless appliances and I just posted a picture of chocolate which is by far our #1 interior color.

CarterKraft

Wow, thanks for the picture. That's not the actual sofa in the 290 is it. That looks like a nice setup. Either way that color will be great.
The stainless appliances look great too.
Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

AJJONES

That is the exact same sofa that goes in a 290 with all built in recliners.

CarterKraft

online!

We were informed yesterday our unit went on-line. We also got the VIN number so I can sign up for the HOC. :cool:

jbeletti

CarterKraft,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon, to the Heartland Owners Family, and from your previous post, to the Heartland Owners Club!

That all-recliner sofa is way cool looking. I see you're from TX. We have a couple of very active chapters of the Heartland Owners Club in TX. Hoping you get involved with us at rallies in TX and elsewhere. Rallies are a great way to learn even more about your RV, meet cool people and see mods others have done to their RVs to make them their own.

Thank you for the kind comments about the forum. In late 2004, I didn't really know how big it would get. Nearly 20k users and going strong. Use this forum as a 24/7x365 resource. Check out the TOOLS link on the navbar near the top of any forum screen and look at HOM and HUG. Heartland and Heartland Owners are all about helping other owners.

CarterKraft

Jim, Thanks for the invite! I joined the HOC today at the Introductory level and I plan to go for the full membership down the road.
I found the guides a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away at the content created there by the members of the forum.

I am extremely new to RV'ing only considering the idea after my FIL bought a SOB toy hauler. His experience has been far different from mine, and would likely be considered nightmarish by many. He had no idea what he was getting into and had no resource to even found out simple things about his purchase.
When I found those guides and manuals, I downloaded a few and was instantly put at ease to know I wouldn't be "on my own" trying to learn the ropes.
Even later when I posted a few questions about my prospective purchase I was relieved to find that the brand manager was there to answer them, even provide production floor photo's to support them.

While he (FIL) is not the Forum junkie I am I feel he could greatly benefit from the resources of a forum like this aimed at his brand and as I have said many times this Forum and more importantly it's support from the manufacturer is a very important reason why I changed my order from SOB to Heartland.

CarterKraft

And hopefully the last brand question I have for you guys...

The shore power cord, will it have one with the trailer from the factory?
If it is included what will the length be?

Thanks again.

jbeletti

And hopefully the last brand question I have for you guys...

The shore power cord, will it have one with the trailer from the factory?
If it is included what will the length be?

Thanks again.

It will come with a power cord. Not sure of the length but at least 25 feet. Always a good idea to have an extension. When I had a small travel trailer that had 30 amp power, I had a 25 foot 30 amp extension cord. I kept the extension cord and use it when needed (about once every other year) - along with a 50 amp to 30 amp (dogbone) adapter.

jbeletti

If your FIL still has his SOB toyhauler and you end up camping with him, many of the things you will learn on your Heartland will translate to his SOB. So you and all the info you find for your coach will help your FIL with his experience.