Question regarding tire monitoring systems

Grey Ghost

:confused: Looking at tire monitoring systems and want to know if or what the difference is between Tire Minder TPMS 400c system and the Innotech system. Camping world has the Tire Minder system on sale now for $259, but I found an Innotech system on e-bay for $216. Both have a set of 4 transmitters and both are wireless. Just wonder if anyone has had any experience with these brands or could suggest something better??

GOTTOYS

I have a TST that I no longer use. Lots of people have good luck with them. I'm not one of them. There has to be others that work well...Don

Kbvols

Grey Ghost, I have an Innotech that I bought at National Rally. So far it seems to work pretty well. It's nice to be able to check and monitor pressure and temps. It won't necessarily prevent a blow out but good to monitor. Here is individual who was selling at Rally his name is Craig Meldrum tel:(770) 530-0274 or craig@wipath.com I am sure he would answer any questions you have.

I would go with a TST (Truck System Technologies) system from Dan the owner. I have the 510 system for both my 5th wheel trailer and boat trailer. Talk to Dan or Abby

olcoon

I bought the TST at the 2011 Goshen rally. At first it worked great, then winter before last on the way to TX had problems with it losing the signal. It'd lose the signal, then re-find the sensor after a while. I finally unplugged it as I got tired of the alarm going off. When we got home I contacted them & the end result was they sent me a complete new system...monitor, & sensors. Still had the same problem & they recommended getting the booster antenna. I bought it & so far haven't had any problems. When I bought it in 2011, they said I wouldn't need the booster, as our 5er is only 30'.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the older 510 system. Have not needed the antenna or a booster. Since we're stationary most of the time, I put the sensors on only when we're towing and charge up the monitor the day before. The rest of the summer (and winter), it all sits in the box. No problems.

Manzan

TST 507 here and I am very pleased with it. Once in awhile it will drop a tire but never the same one twice in a row. Came back from Oregon today and it dropped one tire once, first time in three trips. Turned off the monitor, turned it back on and there was the tire. The company can't be better to deal with. I left my Suburban unlocked, which I rarely do, and the monitor was stolen. Sent an email to the company asking them to send me a new one and I would send them a check. Received a new monitor in a couple of days and it came no charge. Can't beat that!

Two of my sensors went out on the way to Jackson Hole. I called TST and they sent them to me at no charge...excellent service and response time. I don't think you can beat them...............

Gary521

There are 4 different tpms that are identical but carry different names. Tire Minder, Innotech, Hawksheads and Tire Traker. Find the one that cheapest.

TXTiger

I have the new TST with the sensors that you can air up without removing. Have had it over a year now. I have a Cyclone 4014 that is 42 feet long and had to get the amplifier but it works great. Was going to change the batteries in the sensors this summer but never got around to it and they are still working. Gives me the tire pressure and temp. I had a tire loose pressure and got a warning and was able to pull over right away and avoid any damage.

jlb27537

I have the TST 507RV system. I did not need a repeater for the 5th wheel, but when I double tow the 2nd trailer would drop out. I called TST told them my problem, they sent me a repeater and said try it and call them. I did, it worked and a month later I called them and paid for it. The monitor charges up in about 4 hours and will work for 4-5 days on a single charge.

TST has the best customer service you get.

Jim