Power Awning

azbound

I see that the new BH 3400's are equipped with Power Awning rather that Manual. Is that what the brochure means by upgraded awning? or have I missed something, a pleasant something by the way?

Mariposa

Have I miss something? Power Awning? I use power(arm) to pull it out and the wife keeps it from going back too fast when we put it away. Usually during heavy rain or strong winds. Not much fun at 0200 hours. Power Awning sounds like a nice thing to have.
Bob

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We ordered ours with the optional power awning. Since our first power awning was an A&E product, we were very happy to have this as an option. The other power awning was linked with a wind sensor and key chain activation. Neither worked very well. The key chain activator didn't always activate and the wind sensor was very sensitive and would cause the awning to roll up while you were enjoying the very shade that it created. We'll enjoy this awning option. As an aside to anyone that may be on the fence about ordering one, spend the few dollars and you'll never have to unroll and roll the awning without the push of a button.

jbeletti

I enjoy the power awnings too. One thing you cannot do with them is add the Patio Room (screen porch) from Dometic.

Tom of Ypsi

Although we like the power awning it has never worked right from day one. It never has rolled up on its own during a high wind but has rolled up whenever it has felt like it. After being worked on several times I have been told to just forget about a fix since none of the awnings with wind sensors work right.

swany

Power awning upgrade.

We bought out 3055rl at an RV show in Tacoma WA. The Western Sales Mgr. happened to be there and said he had some money in his sales budget and offered to supply a power awning upgrade. Although we haven't got it yet I think it will be a nice addition.

ChopperBill

We didn't opt for the auto fancy pants stuff when we installed the Carefree Eclipse awning. It has a switch inside and one on the outside to activate it. Couldn't be any easier to put it in and out.

rad11

Found this old thread with a search for "power Awning" because our '09 3600RE has the power awning but I didn't get an owner's manual with it. What I need to know but can't figure out is how to slightly drop one end of the awning to allow rain to run off rather than "belly" the awning and bend the roller.

Anyone else know how to do that, also, shouldn't I have received an owner's manual for the power awning?

jbeletti

The electric awning kneels to accumulated rain water - on its own. So there is no option of manual lowering of one side.

Please call your dealer about the missing manual and they will get it to you either from their shop of through Heartland Dealer Services.

Thanks.

StevieWonder

After being worked on several times I have been told to just forget about a fix since none of the awnings with wind sensors work right.

I'd find another dealer to work on it. I don't have one on my lowly Sundance, but I did have several on my motorhomes and they worked like a champ. It sounds to me like you have an issue that your dealer isn't interested in (or perhaps knowledge) chasing.

Tom of Ypsi

The awning problem was worked on by my original dealer twice and at last years rally. After last years rally I had some extra work done and Heartland had some one come over and look at my awning again and after replacing the brain and wind sensor it worked. After one week the awning decided not to work again.

Now for an update. :) Just this week the awning decided to start working. :confused: It has worked twice in one week. I guess the gremlins decided to haunt some other place as they got tired of me not caring if it worked or not anymore.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We have an electric awning on our new BH 3400RE and its awesome. It works every time and the only slight negative is when it is extended completely it does drop pretty low, but on the bright side provides alot of shade. It did not come with a manual, but since its electric and it works who cares.