New Camping World Lubbock, TX

HornedToad

After spending two months on my local dealers waiting list,
I drove over 100 miles to have some service work done
at the new Camping World in Lubbock, TX (formerly Camper Coaches)...
great place to do business.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the info. There is also another new CW in Holiday, FL on Hwy 19. It's a well stocked smaller store with RV service and sales.

SailorDon

After spending two months on my local dealers waiting list,
2 months on local dealer's waiting list?
It is hard to believe what the Heartland dealers can get away with when it come to unacceptable customer service.
After almost 4 weeks on my local Heartland dealer's waiting list (busted A/C), I called them and told them I was going to pick up my travel trailer to have it repaired elsewhere.
The reason was that they would not commit to any repair schedule. And the owner phoned me and said he was under no commitment to Heartland or to me to repair my travel trailer.
That is just plain BAD customer relations.
All of the sudden, the A/C is repaired in one day. I picked up my repaired travel trailer yesterday and it appears to be a professional repair.
My backup plan was the Heartland RV dealer in Silsbee, TX, 75 miles away where they told me 2 weeks waiting list for A/C repair.

How do you make the Texas counties traveled icon? I like it!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You said Silsbee Tx is only 75 miles from Lubbock? On my Texas map it is closer to 200 +. Maybe you meant Silsbee is 75 miles from your house. BTW there is a great Heartland Dealer (Bailey's RV) in Lufkin, TX. Lufkin is only about 75 miles from Silsbee.

SailorDon

Silsbee is 75 miles from Livingston

You said Silsbee Tx is only 75 miles from Lubbock?

I never said Silsbee is 75 miles from Lubbock.
I said "75 miles away" assuming readers would understand that was "away from home".
The title topic automatically regenerated from the "Quick Reply" and might have confused you into thinking I was referencing Lubbock.
For this reply, I went into the "Advanced Reply" to clarify.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Silsbee is 75 miles from Livingston

I never said Silsbee is 75 miles from Lubbock.
I said "75 miles away" assuming readers would understand that was "away from home".
The title topic automatically regenerated from the "Quick Reply" and might have confused you into thinking I was referencing Lubbock.
For this reply, I went into the "Advanced Reply" to clarify.

Thanks now I am 'unconfused".

HornedToad

Sailor Don,

I am fortunate to live in the Permian Basin with a booming economy...
but the price I pay is an hour plus wait at restaurants, paying close to sticker price to buy a vehicle (I drove to Dallas), and a two month wait for service at an RV Dealer.

I was embarrassed by my US travel map with only three states, so I downloaded a Texas counties map into Paint and created my own.

Gotta luv Texas... it's like a whole nuther country.
I can tell by your signature you would agree!!!

SailorDon

Sailor Don,

I am fortunate to live in the Permian Basin with a booming economy...

Gotta luv Texas... it's like a whole nuther country.
I agree. Texas is a whole other country. It's also a state of mind!

Now I see the reason for your 2 month wait for RV service.

I almost drove 75 miles to improve my wait time from 4 weeks to 1 week, but the local dealer did the work the next day when I told him I was pulling my travel trailer out of there.

John T Bettencourt

The new Camping World in Berkley,Ma is now open for business. It is quite a place. Lots of Heartland campers. When you come to Middleboro next July,you will have to visit.

HornedToad

Hey Sailor Don... I just noticed now I'm a "Senior Member", that must be @ 100 post, which means you just have two too go!!! Kinda reminds me of when I got my first letter from AARP, the kids and wife had a blast with that one!!!