Would this be considered an acceptable repair?

brianharrison

No. and No. (Not stuttering - forum requires 4 character responses - one "No" did not meet the minimum requirements, on both accounts.....)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can't figure out what I'm looking at. Is that the roofing material where it meets the front cap?

No matter, it looks half A$$ed.

Not acceptable.

Erika

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Last edited:

DesertThumper

My partner at work had to have walls repaired due to de-lamination. The full side walls were replaced.
If you were to have repairs done would you consider this acceptable fit and finish?

View attachment 27025

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/porthole2/library/Wall repair

Come on. That is not professional. Looks like Micky Mouse junk. If they did that to my trailer, I would leave it there until it was done right and have them look at other roof top trailers and ask them why.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
my four year olds could do a better job. It looks like a good place for snow to pile up and start leaking through the seam.

GOTTOYS

And that's why many of us prefer to do or own repairs...Some of these idiots and the people they work for, should be ashamed to get paid for a mess like that...Don

RoadJunkie

What did it look like prior to the "repair"? It looks like the roof membrane needed a "tummy tuck" before applying the ample liquid caulking. Did the excess material exist prior to the repair? Try to get a full explanation of the repair.

priorguy

Maybe "RV Technician" should become a licensed and certified trade like most others. You wouldn't accept finishing like that from an auto-body shop or even a hair stylist. Yes, Hair Stylist is a red seal trade in Canada.

Sorry, just looked it up and as of 1996 Recreational Vehicle Repair Technician has been a red seal trade in Canada. Although some provinces don't require it.

Unacceptable either way.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Re: Would this be SOB RV repair be considered acceptable?

All I can say to that is "Wow".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Would this be SOB RV repair be considered acceptable?

Sure looks like frame flex to me

kkamshop

If I remember there was a demonstration at the national rally of sealant products and their product looked just like that when applied and would cure after a few days and shrink stretching the rubber membrane back tight.

jbeletti

AND SINCE FOR SOME REASON i CAN'T CORRECT IT.
WHOEVER DID - EDIT THE TITLE TO BE CORRECT AS I POSTED IT.

SEE BELOW

"Would this be considered an acceptable repair?"

I know I didn't go to college, but I can at least put together a question that ..................

Duane,

I felt your thread title could make some Heartland owners instantly feel this repair was made to a Heartland RV by a Heartland dealer. I assume it was not as you didn't mention so.

I don't see how my tweaking of the title changed the meaning in any way and at the same time, makes it clear that we're not talking about a Heartland RV repair.

If I'm wrong in my assumption, please clear it up for me.

Jim

wdk450

Porthole:
If I was the owner, I would make sure the repair company president sees the pictures or actual repair. If what ever brand the SOB (Some Other Brand than Heartland for the newbies) has a forum like this one, get it posted there. Last of all, post a review on RVServiceReviews.com .

If the repair guy is RVIA certified (he should be), I wonder if RVIA has some sort of negative reporting process.