Water pump stopped intake of anti-freeze

JeffG1947

SOLVED: Water pump stopped intake of anti-freeze

Winterizing a couple days ago. Anderson switch on winterize, HWH bypassed. Got the washing machine, bathroom and kitchen sink done then went outside to the shower (forgot the toilet...). The pump makes noise but no longer sucks up the anti-freeze.

It's appears to be a supply side problem. Tomorrow I'll recheck all connections and will move Anderson valve away and then back to winterize. I don't think there's anyway the pump is clogged. There's nothing blocking the connection point screen on the outside. Heartland suggested I may have gotten air in the system - and should shower faucets without the pump on the let air escape (?).

Anything else I can try??

Thanks!!

Jeff

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The first thing that comes to mind is an air leak somewhere on the intake side of the pump. If it's running, it should be drawing fluid or air from somewhere. Really hard to diagnose not being there.:confused:

JeffG1947

The hose connection at the pump was loose by 1/2 turn but I'm not sure if that was enough to cause an air leak. I cleaned out the filter screen as suggested - nothing large and only a portion of the screen has some very small blockage. But after those two 'fixes' the pump works fine and I finished winterizing. I now know more about water pumps then ever before.... :)

Thanks for the help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: SOLVED: Water pump stopped intake of anti-freeze

Jeff, Thanks for the update. Good to know all is back to normal.