Suburban furnace - need a mobile rv recommendation?

Mizmary

Anyone in San Diego use a mobile rv repair person? Recommendations for/against?

We went through the troubleshooting but the RamD is busy with work this week and I need to get it fixed. It's getting chilly at night. I have a call in to Heartland to see if they have anyone they have used before.

I'm glad we have the fireplace!!!

Thanks guys!

TXTiger

Mary the KOA campground office may have a referral for you or try Jeramy at the service department at La Mesa RV for a referral.

Mizmary

Hi! Just an update--

I called Suburban. I did have to wait on hold, but Jennifer was very nice and we have someone coming to fix the furnace tomorrow (blower works, but there is something wrong with the ignition). They had a list of places I could take the unit, including La Mesa - but also one mobile rv servicer. I have seen him driving through the KOA from time to time. I looked them up and they seem to be a husband-wife owned business. So far I'm pretty impressed- He is coming tomorrow to fix it though he normally doesn't work on Saturdays. (I was rather impressed with the ease of dealing with suburban- I didn't expect terrible service, but they were a lot better than I expected.)

Heartland still hasn't called me back, but I assume they would have just sent me to suburban anyway. I'll push the issue if it doesn't get fixed correctly or something.

Tony- Jeremy is our service advisor. And he's nice, but he's super busy. And with the show, I know we would not have been a priority - they have the shows and sell 75-100 campers in one weekend- and then they have all of those campers to work on. Also- Grant is out of town next week, and won't be here to tow the rig up. I'm not waiting a week for a warm camper at night. Haha. 😊 I wish we had read more of the fine print (we read most of it) on our warranty. The warranty we bought for the camper covers EVERYTHING, but I have to tow it to La Mesa to get anything fixed.

I'll let you know how this mobile guy is.

danemayer

I wish we had read more of the fine print (we read most of it) on our warranty. The warranty we bought for the camper covers EVERYTHING, but I have to tow it to La Mesa to get anything fixed.
You might also find that it doesn't pay for work on things that are still covered by the factory warranty.

Mizmary

Dane- yeah, I didn't see that- but since we full time and plan to for at least the next four years, it could be worth it. Oh well if it isn't.

Bill- thanks. I did look at that, but the place the KOA has advertised and that suburban sent me to wasn't even listed.

Thanks everyone!! 😊

Mizmary

FYI- it was the control board. The guy reset it and it started working. It may be going - we will see.

RvPro is the guy we used. He was very personable and professional. He will not charge a second service charge for continuing problems with the furnace.

wdk450

You might give RVPro a review on RVServiceReviews to help his business, and let other RVers know about a good RV Repair professional.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mary,
Glad you got the furnace fixed in a timely fashion.

It was great meeting you, Grant and the kids in Temecula.
I just wanted to compliment you guys again on how perfectly quiet and well behaved your kids were:angel:.

See you down the road. Trace