ATF: Landmark - microwave

Hi, I have a 2009 Pinehurst. The main electric cable went bad this fall causing a bad ground to unit. I replaced cable and all ok except microwave. It was a Dometic unit.

My question; we are in SW Michigan. Is there somewhere down in Elkhart I can purchase a new Dometic microwave? Cash & carry?
Too late to repair unit, I got rid of when Whirlpool up here could'nt fix.

thanks!

Going to Destin in 8 days! Just for wk & 1/2

danemayer

Hi F350-Landmark,

You might call Dometic at 800-544-4881 and see what they say. Also, sometimes people just measure the old unit, or the opening, and get a replacement microwave at their local store. There's likely nothing special about the Dometic microwave other than maybe the price. :)

jbeletti

I also suggest replacing it locally. It should be a standard width for a 30" unit. I'd go with a nice GE Profile with convection. Try Sears. Lowes etc. Take measurements with you shopping.

The Dometic was held in place by a solid back wall plate. Long screws went thru top front of unit to secure it in place on back wall.

All units I have seen in local retail stores have a 3" wall support bracket at bottom only and then bolt thru upper cabinet. Our Landmark really has cabinet above to bolt thru.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I replaced an 30" Amana Microwave/Convection oven that was in my 2009 Pinehurst with a GE Profile Microwave/Convection oven. I replaced the back mounting plate and it mounted without a problem. Whatever Microwave you pick make sure that the vent location in the RV matches the vent location of the microwave. You can usually get the installation manual (with detailed specs and measurements) for most major brand appliances from the manufacture's web site.

Attachments

• GE Microwave - .JPG
    GE Microwave - .JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 29