ATF: Road Warrior - Road Warrior 405RW

SULS

I bought the rig in the spring of 2012. I had a few minor issues that year but nothing too alarming. This year I have experienced a few more issues.

1) I race motorcycles and count on the fueling stating for my supply. One race weekend, the fueling station stopped working. The switch on the main control board seems to be working but the pump does not turn on.
2) I blew three TowMax Tires this season. Apparently this is a common occurance as I have read on this site. What tires are recommended to avoid this issue in the future. In one instance the steel belts snapped in one and it grew so large, it was rubbing against the tire next to it.
3) I can clearly see the seams in the ramp door under the friction tape. I am concerned that one day it will collapse as i load a 400 motorcycle into the garage with me on it.
4) The front storage closet on the left side, next to the exterior utility closet, water continues to leak even after i brought it in for service at the dealer and i am concerned about mold.

My family and I have enjoyed the rig but I must admit I am becoming more apprehensive about the blow outs.

danemayer

Hi SULS,

I'm sure you'll get lots of tire advice shortly, and another toy hauler owner will probably have some suggestions on the fuel pump problem.

If you have a water leak, you need to find the source asap. Water leaks will lead to serious damage and expensive repairs if not dealt with early. If the dealer was paid to fix it, you might follow up with them and ask them to take another look. Maybe they'll agree to do so without charging you a 2nd time for the same repair.

On the ramp door, take a close look at the caulking and also examine all the mounting hardware closely for signs of water intrusion. As with other water leaks, if it goes unrepaired, damage can be very expensive to fix.

ILH

Regardless of what tires you put on your rig, I recommend a tire pressure monitoring system. Even the best tires can develop leaks from road hazards. At least the tpms will alert you to a leak in advance.