Warrantee item or adjustment?

GeneF

I had one of the hinges on a cabinet door come out of its hole.

I stopped at an authorized dealer and was told that this was an adjustment and not a repair thus it could not be done under warantee.

I was surprised to hear that because I thought it was a bumper to bumper warantee for one year.

He did tell me how to glue it so it wouldn't happen again.

I did try to fix it by taking out the screws, placing the hinge back in the hole, inserting and tightening the screws but this did not hold.

wehavefun

I had the same problem with my Sundance and my current Bighorn, dealer repaired them under warranty three times as I remember, no problems then and no problems since.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had one hinge come out of the door and it appeared it just came unglued. A little wood glue and time for it to setup and dry solved the problem. An easy fix to do yourself.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Break pieces of toothpick off in the hole, fill with wood glue, and rescrew the hinge. You won't have anymore problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JanAndBill

On ours they used plastic inserts in blind holes for the screws. You need to glue the plastic inserts in with a glue rated for wood and plastic. When you put the plastic insert back in use a C-clamp and wood blocks to make sure the plastic insert is fully seated in the hole. Let the glue dry overnight then it should hold.