Soft area in Rushmore kitchen floor

jjwink

We have noticed a soft area about the size of a grapefruit in our kitchen floor about 3' from the edge of the refrigerator end of the island. We have not had any interior water leaks, don't have an ice maker. What do you suggest as a procedure to find out how serious the problem is- drop the under belly or cut the Beaufloor? We know neither is good but we need to see what is happening. This is a 2011 unit.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think, but not really sure, that sometimes when the unit is built a piece of the laminated floor is cut away to make room for something like a water line, electrical wiring or structural item.
If you want to take a look at it I would recommend dropping the underbelly and having a look.
Beats trying to patch the flooring.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I'm pretty sure the gray #2 water tank is under the area mentioned, so dropping the underbelly probably won't let you see the underside of the flooring.

The kitchen sink drain pipe probably has a horizontal run that crosses the affected area and as Dave said, the lower portion of the laminated flooring may have a channel to accommodate the drain pipe.

Here's a link to the Beauflor documentation in the manuals section of the forum. It includes a procedure to replace a piece of flooring, including using one of their products to seal the seams created by the patch. If you do decide to cut the flooring, the procedure may help you put things back together.

When you find out what's going on, please circle back around and let us know.

jjwink

Thanks for the tips. We have been in Atlanta at the Good Sam rally this week so will not tackle this till we get home Wed. Will post the results.

bdb2047

I also have a soft spot in about the same location. Had it looked at by Heartland tech at Goshen. He said not an issue is where heat duct is run. It does not seam to be changing since I have been aware of it.