L.A. Fairplex rv show, what I learned...

dougw

Went to the Los Angeles rv show at the Fairplex and what I learned is I'm glad I bought 3 years ago because a new rv is expensive, or at least new toybox 5th wheels.

Things I noticed though.
The colors are nicer.
The size of the showers haven't increased any.
Seems like a lot of mfg's have gone to "norcold" refrig's
all the heartland rvs we looked at both cyclones and road warriors are now using dexter axles vs lippert.
a wide varieties of off brand tires on trailers.

While some of this isn't new I'm sure since I haven't looked at tv's in 3 years but this is what I noticed.

Seemed like a lot of people shopping for the last day of the show. Hopefully a good sign for some.

wdk450

Jim B. told me at the recent Temecula rally that Heartland went over to Dexter axles, springs and equalizers about 3 years ago. I went over to Dexter equalizers this summer.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We were at the show this weekend also. As far tires now. You can order CY's with G 614's now. One CY we looked at had a 17 and 1/2' garage. Looks to me like everybody is copying HL in design.

dougw

That cyclone with the big garage was huge. The cyclones, road warriors and fuzions were the best looking toyhaulers there.
The biggest complaint I have about ours functionality wise is the small corner shower. I wish it was more of a tub style. But even they kind of looked odd with the faucets so low. They had to be because of the tub I guess but I'm not sure who would be taking a bath besides some mom or dad giving a baby a bath. Seems like for that the portable shower head would be just fine.

And what is up with "fireplaces" in trailers. <G>

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
That cyclone with the big garage was huge. The cyclones, road warriors and fuzions were the best looking toyhaulers there.
The biggest complaint I have about ours functionality wise is the small corner shower. I wish it was more of a tub style. But even they kind of looked odd with the faucets so low. They had to be because of the tub I guess but I'm not sure who would be taking a bath besides some mom or dad giving a baby a bath. Seems like for that the portable shower head would be just fine.

And what is up with "fireplaces" in trailers. <g>

Never camped in cold weather?????:confused:</g>

jasons09cyclone

I also went to the Rv show in Pomona this past weekend. I found it funny that the dealer selling road warrior had nothing good to say about cyclone and they don't sell them at there dealership for reasons that were mainly false accusations . He also said that no one sells cyclone there at the show.. I started to believe him until I found the cyclones at the other end of the lot.. I was glad to see that cyclone did not drop the ball on the quality that was put into there coaches. My first impression of finding a solid coach starts with my first step, of all the floors I've walked on cyclone was the only one that felt as if I was walking on granite starting from the retractable steps and throughout the garage door.. I noticed that five years ago at an RV show that made the cyclone stand out.. But all heartland brands are built with quality above the rest.. Just my preference..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mizmary

And what is up with "fireplaces" in trailers. <G>

The faucets are a bit low- I have to really bend down to turn them on - I wouldn't have minded if they were a bit higher. I have actually taken a bath in ours. - I'm a short gal, though. I know the hubby likes all of the extra elbow room in the tub - and the kids declare it a winner. It was one of the selling points.

I too thought the "fireplaces" are but crazy. But if you're camping in cold weather where the electricity is free, they are great. It heats up the place pretty well. And even though it isn't the most realistic looking "fire" it does give a homey feel.

I'm glad everyone saw some neat RVs at the show!!

Sumo

I also went to the Rv show in Pomona this past weekend. I found it funny that the dealer selling road warrior had nothing good to say about cyclone and they don't sell them at there dealership for reasons that were mainly false accusations . He also said that no one sells cyclone there at the show.. I started to believe him until I found the cyclones at the other end of the lot.. I was glad to see that cyclone did not drop the ball on the quality that was put into there coaches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A poor salesman always runs down the competition. This makes them very ez to spot, JMOP.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Im am truly sorry that any sales person would ever say that I can assure you we sell a lot of Cyclones and Road Warriors. Both have very different looks, floor plans and features. They are both built to heartland quality. I hope that we can earn your Buisness with either brand or Torque. If you have any questions of differences please contact me any time.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
AJ, the dealer selling RW are, to say the least....are crooks. McMahons should be dropped as a dealer for HL. Sorry JMHO

dougw

"sales people" need one say any more <G> They'd let you connect a 5th wheel to a VW if they could<G>. (just goof'n)

jasons09cyclone

Ha ha true. . That's why I just find it amusing most of the time to see what they have to say. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk