SOLVED: No TV antenna or am/fm on Cyclone 3950

OtterMN

When I first got my Cyclone 3950 I was going through everything testing it out... I put up the antenna, aimed it, did a channel search, and was watching a football game. After a couple hours, the tv lost its signal and I have never been able to find channels again. The am/fm has never picked up a signal. I made an RF cable and went directly from the antenna to the tv, and was able to get channels again. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would help me troubleshoot? Thanks!

jnbhobe

Re: No TV antennae or am/fm on Cyclone 3950

Do you have the antenna booster turned on and does it have power.

danemayer

The TV antenna coax comes down through the ceiling by the handle that rotates the antenna and then goes to the signal booster where the signal is amplified. The cable wiring also goes to the signal booster but the signal booster must be turned off for cable. The output of the signal booster goes through the trailer, passing through various splitters on the way to multiple destinations.

Troubleshoot by starting at the signal booster. The first stop coming out of the booster is going to be right there. If there's no signal there, check the antenna connection on the roof. If that looks good, take down the rotating handle and fish out the cable. There's usually a barrel connector that can be loose.

If the signal is getting through to the coax connector near the signal booster, you'll need to check other locations where the coax connectors are installed. There's a diagram in the manuals section of the forum, but for the Cyclone it's pretty old so I'm not sure how well it'll apply to your rig.

Check the coax connectors. Sometimes the crimps are loose. Sometimes the shielding isn't all folded back and shorts the center conductor.

OtterMN

I didn't know about that switch. found it... that was it. Thanks!