Tow vehicle for Elk Ridge 35QSQB

lutzal

Hello, I have a question regarding a proper tow vehicle for my Heartland Elk Ridge 35 QSQB. I will only be purchasing a diesel truck, as I have owned many diesels and feel that they are far superior. That being said, I would love to purchase a crew cab 3500 4x4 dually diesel, but the budget is limited with a one year old in the RV. I cam across a 2004 Ford F350 SRW 4X2 With the 6.0 diesel and 33,000 miles. The truck is a 2 owner truck that was sold, and currently still is in California. It is CLEARLY a "grandpa" truck, but it already has an older 18k fifth wheel hitch installed. I think that the truck will tow it fine, and I am not looking to get into a big dually debate, but simply want to know what you guys think? Would this be a reasonable tow vehicle, or should I hold out for a dually? They are just fay and few between here in northern california. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)

jimtoo

Hi lutzal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The truck you have found will probably work good for you, but you will get more opinions soon from our other family members.

I am moving the post to a better area for you also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

In regards for your tow vehicle F-250 , F-350 DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

My F-250 is still in the shop in the Destin area and looking to be about $8k plus in repairs (injector, head, piston). If you need additional information, e-mail me (mitc170@att.net) I'll be glad to talk to you. Your best bet is a Cummins - haven't heard much bad on those engines.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check out fifthwheetst.com, they have good advice on picking a tow vehicle. Lots of factors go into the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free