PDA

View Full Version : Question

deee2
10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
no matter what TITLE I give this, it says it's too short. So I'll try here I guess. We store the Bighorn for the winter in freezing temps, should we remove the TV's for the season also?

cookie
10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Some will say yes, some will say no.
Ours have been in freezing temps with no issues.
I doubt that any dealer in the north will remove TV's from their inventory of trailers.

Peace
Dave

priorguy
10-24-2013, 06:51 PM
I've never had a problem in northern Ontario. Dealers here leave them out to prevent theft. If you have a nice dry place to store it then I guess it couldn't hurt.

Greengas
10-24-2013, 08:16 PM
We leave ours in and the temps get to below zero and so far no problems :-)

danemayer
10-24-2013, 08:20 PM
This question comes up about this time every year. I think the general consensus last time was to make sure the TV is allowed to warm up slowly to room temperature before turning it on.

HornedToad
10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Valid question...
my neighbor had a TV outside in his gazebo that quit working last winter,
although I think it was a combination of temperature and moisture from the freezing rain that did it in???

JohnDar
10-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Last time I stored the TV's in the rig over the winter, the cold didn't get them, thieves did. :mad: So now I pull them out and store them at home. If not for that, Dan has the correct info about letting them warm up before turning them on.

deee2
10-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Thank you all, since we store the RV in our back yard so feel pretty safe with the TV out there, I think the advice to let it warm up before turning it on will do for us!

Last time I stored the TV's in the rig over the winter, the cold didn't get them, thieves did. :mad: So now I pull them out and store them at home. If not for that, Dan has the correct info about letting them warm up before turning them on.