Question

deee2

no matter what TITLE I give this, it says it's too short. So I'll try here I guess. We store the Bighorn for the winter in freezing temps, should we remove the TV's for the season also?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Some will say yes, some will say no.
Ours have been in freezing temps with no issues.
I doubt that any dealer in the north will remove TV's from their inventory of trailers.

Peace
Dave

priorguy

I've never had a problem in northern Ontario. Dealers here leave them out to prevent theft. If you have a nice dry place to store it then I guess it couldn't hurt.

danemayer

This question comes up about this time every year. I think the general consensus last time was to make sure the TV is allowed to warm up slowly to room temperature before turning it on.

HornedToad

Valid question...
my neighbor had a TV outside in his gazebo that quit working last winter,
although I think it was a combination of temperature and moisture from the freezing rain that did it in???

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Last time I stored the TV's in the rig over the winter, the cold didn't get them, thieves did. :mad: So now I pull them out and store them at home. If not for that, Dan has the correct info about letting them warm up before turning them on.

deee2

Thank you all, since we store the RV in our back yard so feel pretty safe with the TV out there, I think the advice to let it warm up before turning it on will do for us!

Last time I stored the TV's in the rig over the winter, the cold didn't get them, thieves did. :mad: So now I pull them out and store them at home. If not for that, Dan has the correct info about letting them warm up before turning them on.