Freeway travel guide

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I just found this in the TDR issue #58 and would like to share it with everybody. It's a book called "The ultimate travelers exit guide." We had, at one time, a book called "Exit Authority" which we liked because you could follow a route from one end to the other whereas the "Next Exit" required you to change pages from state to state. This book is laid out like that and that means the DW can follow it a lot easier. But, see for yourself. The web site is www.milebymileplus.com. I hope this will help somebody. OP:)

Gary Steeves

Obscure person, We use "Next Exit" and I actually sit down and plan the fuel stops, etc BEFORE we leave home. What I like about that format is it tells us which places are RV friendly and provide easy entry / exit of the facility. I can handle going to another state to follow my route and plan the trip

I guess a lot of it is what you get used to.

Thanks for the info. and I always welcome the chance to review new ideas.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Gary, we have a Next Exit now also. I looked at this book on line and I think it has a lot of info in it too. I guess i would rather the DW have this book because she can get confused while we are traveling. She is finally getting better at reading maps though. I don't have to point to something on the map and tell her that's where we are as much as I used to. I just wanted to share this with somenody else who might be in the same situation as I am. When ever I get it I will probably post a review of the book at that time.

jgilbert

We bought the 2007 Next Exit a couple of months ago and haven't used it yet. I just noticed that they are selling the 2008 version now. Man, time marches on and waits for no man. Anyone want to buy my 2007 version?

Joe

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I was just wondering if there is enough change from year to year to make it worth buying a new book every year? Is there an electronic version available? Most of us use a laptop in our travels and it might be worth checking into for a version that we could just download onto the computer.