Lighter interior wood - THANK YOU Heartland!

kkamshop

Just saw the pictures of the new lighter wood offering - Honey Maple ! Very nice and will help with that claustrophobic feeling that many have with the darker wood.

But... on the other hand... I do NOT like the coffered ceiling look! If a lighter "airier" interior is the goal, the addition of wood beams on the ceiling is heading in the wrong direction.

Just my opinion, I know many will think it looks great :)

dewwood

I am glad to know Heartland was listening to the feedback. Some like the darker woods but many of us prefer the lighter hues. Is there any move to eventually have oak as an option again?

bill40

I think the ceiling looks great in the pictures but would still like a choice in cabinets, not a big fan of light wood like we have in our BC.

travlingman

We are the exact opposite. We liked the dark wood and wouldn't have placed the order for our Savannah without it. Heartland had some of the wood left and we were able to get it. If not, it was a deal breaker for us.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also like the lighter wood cabinets to be offered as another option. The moulding on the ceiling is fine as well.
However, a whole group of us Heartlanders at the Pomona show were all in agreement. None of us cared for the faux paneling look on the ceiling. It is shiny and has a printed "groove" on it. We were unanimous that it downgrades the otherwise classy look of the rig. [Think, 70's mobile home look]
Please consider returning to the solid color, mat finish ceiling material. JMHO Trace

Last edited:

Theresau

The honey maple is a nice option but I prefer the cherry look as we have in the BC. When at the Goshen rally, many expressed a need for a light option - HL came through!!!

We saw the new ceilings at the MI show - we preferred without the wood beams - just added too much busy-ness.

Hogladyrider

So happy to learn that HL is bringing back the lighter wood options! We have the lighter wood in our 2009 Big Horn and we LOVE it, would not even entertain the idea of dark wood cabinets. We also have light wood in our home. It is a personal preference for sure but very happy to finally have that option now, especially if we decided to upgrade to a newer Heartland 5er!

Rob_Fla

When I saw the dark wood at the Super Show in Tampa last year, I left the Heartland display and kept moving. The lighter wood option will put Heartland back on our list for our next 5th Wheel, not a fan for Darker and Darker colors.

dbbls59

I would like to see the lighter color available as an option in Big Country. I would not buy a Big Country with the dark red cherry color they are using now. I like the lighter color in our 2012 model.

K

karykatz

Just wanted to keep everyone updated. Our new Glazed Honey maple wood will be avilable for full production in December. We will be showing several units with the new wood option at the Tampa Super Show.

You will love it!!!!!!!!!

Theresau

I believe it is not just the dark wood but the very dark brown furniture coupled with the dark wood that is the problem....(and the very dark window treatment...). When you walk in all you see is "dark."

We ordered with the cream/beige colored furniture and it looks great! Have had many compliments. No one has ever mentioned not liking the dark wood when looking at our BC...

Our window treatment is not dark - medium green - I believe BC no longer has this decor now.