Captain01 is bashing Heartland again on RV.Net

fishn2dmax

Heads-up. The "poor-me" stories are continuing on RV.Net fifthwheel forum by Captain 01. His posts seem to act as a lightning rod for everyone that wants to bash Heartland. While I feel for his situation, I'm getting tired of seeing his same old story over and over on Public forums. :eek:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
That's kinda the reason I read very little over there anymore. These post just get me irritated and though I'd like to dish it back I truly know it would not change things. I feel for those that did have a lot of problems in the beginning and we have some very good members here that have been in the same boat. These folks have been very helpful to us in answering our problems because they know these trailers inside and out. Most of us that have been here long enough have read about there problems and know who... but... they don't bring it up in every post. They thankfully used there bad times to make it better for the ones that bought after them and believe Heartland really did listen to them ,like they are doing at the present. I guess I'd better shut up...Ken

jpmorgan37

You don't have to be quiet Ken, because you know and speak the truth. And you are spot on about Heartland. They did and they do listen and take action. That's why the quality is in every RV they build today.

John

jpmorgan37

The thing that I don't understand is that Heartland is taking his RV back to Elkhart to do repairs and he is still threatening. That doesn't equate to good common sense to me.

snuffy

Princess Kathleen said:
You know sometimes somepeople can not be pleased no matter what you do.

PK

In other words, "he wouldn't be happy if they hung him with a new rope."

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Is this person and subject worth the chin music when we really know the facts? Life is tough, and he should get a helmet.

jpmorgan37

Tom;
That expression was one that I never heard before, so I looked it up. Here is what I found: Chin music is an American slang term for idle talk. It dates back at least a century - "There's too much chin music an' too little fightin' in this war, anyhow" is a quote from Stephen Crane's 1895 novel The Red Badge of Courage. It can alternatively be used as a euphemism for punching someone in the jaw.

That's funny.

John

ChopperBill

JP ya got too much time on your hands! :D How about spending some of it down in AZ where our Bighorn is parked and giving it an ole wax job? :)

jpmorgan37

Hi Bill;
Never have too much time, but I do have the rest of my life. I would love to wax your "Horn" but I've got to finish my "Mark" first. At the rate I'm going, it will probably take me until April and then we'll be heading for Westport, WA for the summer, catching crabs, digging clams, surf fishing for perch, and putting a new coat of Dri Wash 'n Guard on the "Mark". Come on up and I'll do your's as soon as I've finished mine. You, Renee, Jake, Dixie and your new baby, Nick, have a Blessed Christmas and a wonder filled 2008.

John

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I've read all Captain01's posts and while I don't know him it seems to me that maybe there a few necessary words lacking from his vacabulary. Maybe they are, please, may I, could you, thank you,or, how can we do this. I feel that, as I read his posts, he might be a little bit demanding and a little uncooperative. I sure am glad that I haven't had that kind of relationship with my dealer.

ChopperBill

jpmorgan37 said:
Hi Bill;
Never have too much time, but I do have the rest of my life. I would love to wax your "Horn" but I've got to finish my "Mark" first. At the rate I'm going, it will probably take me until April and then we'll be heading for Westport, WA for the summer, catching crabs, digging clams, surf fishing for perch, and putting a new coat of Dri Wash 'n Guard on the "Mark". Come on up and I'll do your's as soon as I've finished mine. You, Renee, Jake, Dixie and your new baby, Nick, have a Blessed Christmas and a wonder filled 2008.

John
Merry Christmas and the best right back to you my friend!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
RTF
You will just up river from us in Quartzsite. We will be there January 2o to 27th. We will be 6 miles south at mile marker 98.5 with a whole lot of ham radio operaters making lots of rf trying to keep the desert warm. www.quartzfest.org this website will give directions to where we are.
Have a great winter
Rand

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I also like the first reply after captain01. Posted by Vulcaneer. Makes you wonder what the resolution was. I'm glad Heartland came through for him.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'm glad they finally satisfied him too!! Vulcaneer hit the nail on the head...sure was vocal when he wasn't happy...you'd think he be a little more vocal about the resolution. Well at least that's one less Heartland basher!

fishn2dmax

In my not so humble opinion, the RV.Net moderator was too quick on the trigger and closed Captain01's update response to quickly. I sent an e-mail to the moderator asking why it is that bashing threads like the one captian01 was allowed to go on for months without being closed, then the OP comes back and makes a simple statement "I'm happy now" and he immediately closes the post? Just doesn't seem fair!

On a personal note, I have been sharing e-mails with Captian01. I can tell you he did go through quite an ordeal with his unit! If just half of what he claims happened to him were to happen to me, I'm not sure I would be able to contain myself either.

I'm glad he at least made the effort to come back onto RV.Net and let everyone know he was happy, but I do think he could have done more on his post to give Heartland some additional credit? That said, I do know what Heartland did to help him and all I can say is Heartland took the high road on this one and did the right thing.

We should all be proud owners of a product produced by an American company that truly stands behind their products!