Center caps for wheels

pokypa

I'm at a lost on installing center caps in the wheels. There is four slots on the cap and my question is do the slots go between the studs or on top of the of the surface of where the stubs screw into. When I install them the caps are loose. Looking at them if I put the slots on top of the surface at the studs they would tighten but it will flatten the slot some. Hope someone understands what I'm trying to say.

dbbls59

Not sure if I follow your description but on mine the center cap goes through the hole in the wheel, then the wheel is bolted on to the hub. Yours may be different.

pokypa

Yes that is right. On the end of the cap that mates to the hub are four dimples that either goes on top of the surface of the hub or goes between the stud surface of the hub. It's hard to explain.

pokypa

This is answering my own question. The four little tabs on each center cap goes on top of the stud boss on the face of the hub. On the inside of every wheel that is design for a center cap there is a grove for the center cap fits in. Always place the center cap in your wheel and in the grove first. Align one of the tabs on the center cap with one of the stud holes in the rim. Hold it in place and tighten two of the lug nuts. Your center cap will be tight. If your center cap is not tight now you have the tabs in-between the stud bosses and not on top of them. This info is not found anywhere on the internet or elsewhere. I spent several hour today taking the wheel off and on and placing the center cap tabs in different places. To my satisfaction this is correct.