• camphatteras.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Site fee: $48/night plus 6% tax per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 5/3/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

• Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Yes folks, this is the Virginia Chapter hosting a rally in North Carolina!! All are welcome!

Camp Hatteras has set aside 30 sites for our rally. They are grouped together on the Sound Side close to the Conference Center which will be available to us daily for meals and gatherings during our rally. All sites are 50amp full hook-ups, and are offered at a rally price of $48/night plus 5% tax. The campground will honor this rally rate should you wish to arrive early, or stay longer, up to a total of 7 nights.

AGENDA:

Camp Hatteras Virginia Chapter Rally
Notes:

• Please bring your own beverages to all gatherings. (Coffee will be provided @ all campground joint meals).
  • Paper plates, plastic utensils and paper napkins will be available, however, bring your own plate/tray and utensils if you prefer.

Agenda:

Thursday 5/1

• Welcoming those arriving today
  • Time on your own. Perfect day to explore the area and go to the beach.
  • 4:00 pm Meet at Good Winds Seafood and Wine Bar for dinner. Pay as you go. The restaurant is 1/8th mile north of the campground and overlooks the sound. http://www.goodwindsrestaurant.com/

Friday 5/2

• Welcoming those arriving today

• Time on your own. Perfect day to explore the area and go to the beach.
  • 6:00 pm Meet and Greet. Please bring a finger food snack to share. Wear your name tag. Location: Conference Center.
  • Followed by Ice Cream Social. Club will provide ice cream and fixin’s.
  • Campfire weather permitting, bring your chair.

Saturday 5/3

• 9:00 am-10:00 am Breakfast provided by VA Chapter. Location: Conference Center.
  • Time on your own to rest and relax, visit your friends, or enjoy the area and go to the beach.
  • 2:00 pm Show us your rig modifications, or, give a tour of your new rig.
  • 3:30 pm-4:30 pm Wine and Cheese get together. Bring your favorite beverage. Location: Conference Center
  • 5:30 pm. Rally potluck Dinner. VA Chapter plans to provide meat dish (Pork BBQ). Please bring a salad/vegetable/dessert dish to pass. Location: Conference Center
  • 6:30 pm (following dinner) White Elephant Gift Exchange. Each participant rig supplies one wrapped, boxed or bagged gift. (Gifts are typically inexpensive, humorous items or used items from home. To keep with the spirit of the white elephant, the gifts are often gifts you have received outside of the game but do not want). Full game details and rules of play will be explained. Location: Conference Center.

Sunday 5/4

• 8:00-9:30am Coffee, juice, and donuts/pastry. Location: Conference Center.
  • Good bye's to those departing
  • 6:00 pm After rally pot luck dinner (or dinner out) for those staying.

ATTENDEES:

NAME
HOC #
FORUM NAME
ARR
DEP
van Opstal, Eric & Dorothy
Flying Dutchman
4/30
5/5
Yocum, David & Julie
davebennington
4/29
5/5

Funderburg, Gus & Debra
boatto5er
4/30
5/5

Tims, Pam & Jerry
vtxkid
4/30
5/5

Massengill, Cindy & Donald
andy
4/30
5/5

Pasch, Leslie & Jim
Jim-n-Leslie
Lindgren, Keith & Carol
klindgren
4/30
5/5

Allen, Santha & Randy
Randy
4/30
5/4
Munro, Kirk & Cathy
tracks
4/28
5/5

Combs, Millie & Tom
ncc1701e
4/30
5/4

Gallimore, Ken, Marj & Sarah
fordtech 2008
5/2
5/4

Wilhite, Steve & Kathy
Hazel, Debbie & Dick
Wolbeck, Kevin & Nellie
West, Lewis & Jo Anne

swilhite
dick12444
kwolbeck
ljawest
5/1
4/29

5/1
5/5
5/5

5/8

Last edited:

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Virginia Chapter Rally: NC, Rodanthe - 5/1/2014 to 5/4/2014

Yep, since the Virginia Chapter has run out of good campgrounds in the fair state of Virginia, us North Carolinians HOC members have graciously consented to allowing this brief border incursion.:rolleyes:

Have an awesome Rally and we hope our schedule permits us the time to join in the fun!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Rodanthe - 5/1/2014 to 5/4/2014

We have reservations! Apr 30 - May 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Rodanthe - 5/1/2014 to 5/4/2014

Thanks Lance, some of our closest and best Heartland family members are from North Carolina, so we thought it would be nice to pay them a visit. So nice and gracious for you to welcome us, and we do hope that your schedule will allow you and Kem to honor us with your presence. As you can see, we come in strength as our founding Virginia Chapter leaders are already signed up!!:cool:

ncc1701e

Re: EVENT: Heartland Virginia Chapter Rally: NC, Rodanthe - 5/1/2014 to 5/4/2014

When I look at this thread I get two different locations. Is it on the outer banks or more near the center of the state? Thanks

boatto5er

It's at Camp Hatteras on the Outer Banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happycampernc

With the bridge closed are we still able to get on the island? I think that we should move it to a different place

boatto5er

With the bridge closed are we still able to get on the island? I think that we should move it to a different place

Eric mentioned on Facebook, it's a little early to make any decision yet. They are doing emergency repairs. They have also put four ferries into service. I would bet they get the bridge back open.

Flying Dutchman

Eric mentioned on Facebook, it's a little early to make any decision yet. They are doing emergency repairs. They have also put four ferries into service. I would bet they get the bridge back open.

Yes, I am a little concerned at this point but really need to follow developments before we "jump ship". I also believe that considerable effort and resource will be used to correct the situation in a timely manner due to the extreme financial hardship that every commercial entity will face should there be no viable access.

The campground has a very camper friendly cancellation policy should there be a need to cancel your reservation. So I am not at all concerned about losing any deposit.

Lets stay tuned for a while.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Yes, I am a little concerned at this point but really need to follow developments before we "jump ship". I also believe that considerable effort and resource will be used to correct the situation in a timely manner due to the extreme financial hardship that every commercial entity will face should there be no viable access.

The campground has a very camper friendly cancellation policy should there be a need to cancel your reservation. So I am not at all concerned about losing any deposit.

Lets stay tuned for a while.

May is a long way off. They are not going to keep that bridge closed for over 5 months. It'll be repaired and open before the Rally

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Yeh - rally on :D

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Santha called and signed us up for the Hatteras rally. Arriving on the 1st and leaving on the 4th. Can't wait.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

boatto5er

Woo-Hoo, the poodles are coming! Romeo and Juliet are excited!

f250dieseldad

I wonder what a Poodoxie would look like:confused:

boatto5er

I don't know, but I know what a Doxiedoodle looks like. (This thread is going downhill fast)...

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

The Poodles said that they will meet Romeo and Juliet with wagging tails in Rodanthe. The Poodle girls said they do not mess around. They are trying to keep the thread clean.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Flying Dutchman

Woo Hoo!! Randy and Santha are coming with their new poodle home. It will be beach weather in no time so make your reservations soon, we are going to have a great rally at the beach. Don't let Bonner Bridge issues concern you. It is a lifeline to all those living on the Outer Banks, especially for the commercial businesses, and it will be open and SAFE for our travels to Camp Hatteras. For your peace of mind, Camp Hatteras has a very camper friendly cancellation policy.

All have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, and we will see you in the New Year.

tracks

Eric & Dorothy,

Cathy & I made reservations this morning arriving April 28, departing May 5, on Site #377. Really looking forward to our first rally for 2014 and seeing y’all.

Status
Not open for further replies.