Saying Hello

RVNEWBIE

Hello to the fellow Heartlanders. We have had our 30RKDD since may of this year and have been members of the forum for nearly that long. It has taken me this long to getting around to saying hello, although I have found much information here and hope to continue to do so. We are trading in our TT for a 2014 Key Largo this weekend. We have enjoyed the TT, But enjoy camping so much we have decided to GO LARGE! hehe We also plan for this to possibly be our last coach purchase. We are limited on our time that we can go right now as we both still have to work, but hope in the coming years more and more time will be available. Perhaps we shall see some of yall out on the open roads or in the campgrounds one day. We are actually PLANNING on taking the Key Largo out next weekend, but have a LOT to learn about he new coach. It is a bit more complicated than our current North Trail. Thanks....Joe Hubka, Moundville Alabama

danemayer

Hi RVNEWBIE,

Congratulations on the new Key Largo.

When you pick it up, take your time on the walk through and ask about anything that's not clear. Make sure you know where the TV Signal Booster is located. Pay close attention to the water connections as they're different from what you're used to. Also pay attention to the auto-leveling operation (auto and manual) and try it yourself.

If possible, have someone else videotape the walk thruogh so you can watch it later, after you realize you didn't retain it all.

We love our Landmark and I'm sure you'll love yours too.

kowAlski631

To echo Dan. Take your time on the PDI & ask questions. We did a video to refer back to & so we'd have record of any items needing attention or warranty work. The guy doing our PDI was reluctant at first to the video, but we "gently" explained it was not an option. Above all - enjoy & CONGRATS!!

Martha.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Good Luck with the new coach and like they said above. A good PDI can take care of a lot of things. Make sure to attend the Spring Alamissabamasippi (?) rally in Gulf Shores in the spring if you can. It is a good one

GlenStMary

Joe, congratulations on your new Key Largo. I am sure you will love that unit. As the others have said, take your time when checking out the coach, ask lots of questions if you aren't sure about how some things work, you probably want to take a bunch of notes for future reference. I did! Also, think about staying a couple of days at a campground near the dealer if they don't have provision for you to stay on their premises. In those couple of days you can get really familiar with that coach and how everything works. If you have any problems, the dealer should be able to respond quickly to solve them. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet down the road and swap stories about our Key Largos and our adventures.

K

karykatz

Congrats Joe. You will love your new Key Largo. Everyone form Hearltand thanks you!!!

RVNEWBIE

Ours is the brown full paint option of course...I am not sure about what the interior color is called. We have the brown leather furniture, and the best thing that momma likes is the lighter counter tops. Our TT had the really dark grey countertops and they ALWAYS looked dirty. We moved in it this past weekend. I fiddled with getting the satellite receiver installed and all that is working great in the living/outdoor. Will be getting an additional receiver so momma can watch what she wants in bedroom while I am watching FOOTBALL. hehe So far, we have about 90% of the operation of the coach figured out. The refrigerator is a little different and I will have to get use to that so I am running on the right selection. Our other one had a slide switch. I don't know if my feelings are going to like it when I have to fill up those propane bottles. We still have to take it back for some warranty repairs of the awning LED lights. Waiting on parts from Heartland. Only a two foot section is working on the main and 2 two foot sections on the slide awning. They said that several units have come in with non-functioning LED outside lighting lately. I guess you just cant get high quality Chinese merchandise anymore. LOL Thanks for all the congrats guys. We cannot wait till this weekend. It will be a short two-nighter, but we are still excited. Joe

wolfrat1

Hello everyone. My wife and I sign the papers on our key largo tomorrow. It took awhile after checking with dealers in and out of my state. Almost called it quits but finally talked to the right dealer who was willing to deal. Has everything that we would use on a regular basis. We are very pleased. Didn't to buy anything this close to the snow falling but we couldn't pass it up. But it will safely sit on the lot until spring. That's one chance I'm not taking. But we're happy. I think I'll have make myself have fun and finally retire very soon.

Wmnmy

congrats to both RVNEWBIE and wolfrat1 hope to see you at some rallies Happycamping:cool:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congrats wolfrat1 and RVNEWBIE on your new Heartland RV purchase. Welcome to the Heartland family! Hope to see you down the road and meet you all at a Heartland Rally. Safe travels. 😎

Rod Ditrich