End Cap Touchup Paint Quest

ufda

I have some stone nicks in my front end cap and so far have been unable to find a suitable touchup kit. Scott at customer service did provide me with the Heartland color code but so far the five paint shops I have contacted cannot duplicate the brown color of our BC.

Has anyone found a suitable color match for the end cap brown color? If so please post it here.
Thanks in advance and happy snow birding!!

Ufda

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dumb question, but did HL specifically say they do not have any touch up kits?
If not, it seems like a fairly easy fix. Everytime a new color is shot a small quantity of touch-up bottles could be put on the shelf. Kept for a few years, then when they're gone, they're gone. Trace

danemayer

I have some stone nicks in my front end cap and so far have been unable to find a suitable touchup kit. Scott at customer service did provide me with the Heartland color code but so far the five paint shops I have contacted cannot duplicate the brown color of our BC.
Hi ufda,

I might be misinformed, but I thought automotive paint shops had some type of scanner that looked at the existing paint and determined what tints were added to the base paint to match. I think the big box stores may also have this capability. I'm surprised the 5 paint shops you visited can't scan the cap and mix up the matching paint.

GOTTOYS

Any large body shop or automotive paint supplier should have a scanner to help match the color. My experience has been that they will get it close but far from perfect. It takes a good eye from an experienced painter to get real close. Only draw back I see is that they may not be able to mix anything smaller than a quart or maybe a pint. Be prepared to shell out some $$$. Automotive paint isn't cheap..Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our Landmark came with touchup paint. Also inside of the cabinet where all of the switches are is a listing of all suppliers. We also have a list of the paint codes for ours. Check there you might have the paint codes there also.

MCTalley

If you have a Landmark with full body paint (jmgratz does by his signature block), you might be more likely to have touch-up paint and/or paint color codes supplied. For us folks with side decals and a painted front cap, no such luck. Would be interested to see what comes of this, as I too have a few small stone chips on my front cap (fortunately the bugs cover most of them).

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Don't know how much difference it makes, but we do not have full body paint, only 1/2 and ours came with touch-up paint and the paint codes listed on the panel just as jmgratz stated. Our 2010 Pinehurst came with touch-up paint as well and it had "no body" paint, only the decals.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Maybe it is just the Landmarks that come with the touch up paint and the paint codes. BTW our 2007 Landmark had neither and we had to get a sample 'scanned'. What we did one time is take off the trim around the door steps, take it to a auto paint store (Taasco) and they scanned it and made up the paint. It matched perfectly.

I cannot address the issue of touch up paint, but our rig developed a 4 to 5 inch surface crack on the front cap which is brown. I took the rig to a local body shop and they fixed the crack and matched the brown paint perfectly. It cost me $180.00 as my dealer is over three hours away and fuel alone would have cost me more than $180.00. I wrote to Heartland and they sent me a check for $180.00 to cover my cost:). The point I am making is a good body shop should be able to match your paint and it may be worth to pay a couple hundred dollars to have the chips repaired. JMHO Mike