Where Are The Speakers?????

JanAndBill

Our Big Horn 3260EL has the Sony DAV - TZ140 home theatre system. We haven't used it that much because the sound isn't that great. Thought I would try to make it better by changing out speakers. Got the book out and according to it, the system shipped with sub woofer and a center speaker (neither of which I can find anywhere). We have 4 speakers mounted to the ceiling, and there are speaker wires plugged into back of the player for the sub woofer and the center speaker. Any one know where Heartland might have hidden them, or did I just not get them?????

pegmikef

My subwoofer is mounted in a cabinent under the shelf holding the Sony receiver/amp. I have five ceiling speakers, but I don't know anything about a center speaker.

danemayer

Got the book out and according to it, the system shipped with sub woofer and a center speaker (neither of which I can find anywhere).
If you're talking about the Sony documentation, as with any manufacturer's document, it describes the capabilities of the standard offering, not necessarily exactly how it's installed. For example, your furnace document may show more duct ports than are actually used.

If you have bedroom speakers, the center speaker connection might be feeding those speakers.

JanAndBill

Found them. The center speaker was "hiding in plain sight". :eek: The sub was behind the fireplace and the TV, next to the wall. Now that I found the speakers I'll go to the speaker setup and check to see that they are setup right.