RESOLVED: Warranty Delays

doxiecouple

I had several warranty issues arise at same time, within one week of each other. Exterior TV developed a ghosting symptom and can not be viewed (Sony Bravia) the air mattress started to leak out overnight, and strip LED lights burnt out under the large awning. And now, sections of the LED lighting under the Entertainment Center awning.
My dealer has acknowledged the items need replacing and state they have ordered replacements for all three. Problem is, it has been almost a month and no replacement items have arrived. Hard to watch SEC football outside at tailgates now !! But, I came up with a temporary fix, no worry. I just noticed the small strip of LED light burnout out and have not been to the dealer yet.
My question is, how long is "normal" for Heartland to ship warranty replacement items? Is there a number I can call to ensure the dealer is in fact waiting on Heartland? I touch base with the dealer weekly on these items since it is unrealistic to expect them to call me. Any suggestions from you more experienced Heartlanders will be appreciated.

danemayer

Re: Warranty Delays

Hi Doxiecouple,

For the parts coming directly from Heartland, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. have your VIN # ready. They can tell you what is on order.

If the TV is defective, repair or replacement might be handled by the supplier, or by Sony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Sounds like outsourced products are needed. We ordered outsourced products and it took 14 days. Heartland does not deplete factory supply of these items for individual orders. They order it from the supplier and forward them to you. Since you need items from several suppliers it may all ship at the same time when everything arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

It also could be that the dealership is waiting for a coach to be delivered to them and your parts will ride along inside, to avoid shipping costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marvmarcy

FWIW: When I've talked to Heartland directly, I've gotten prompt response. When I've gone through the dealer, things never seemed to happen.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I just picked up our trailer last week for the last of the warranty repairs (five times - owned our trailer now 13 months).

Most of the repairs not the first time for the same repair!

I got the feeling that the dealership is glad that my warranty period is over as they made sure that I understood that this was the "last time" that my trailer would be covered under the Heartland warranty.

Interesting, huh!

Last edited:

doxiecouple

Had a response from Heartland from my post here. Before the day was out I had a call from Service at Heartland and they said parts had been at my dealer since last Friday. (four working days) Go figure. Went to the dealer same day, warranty parts in hand. Thanks Heartland for excellent customer service. Are you listening dealers?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Glad things worked out Wayne.:) Not many great dealers out there when it comes to service.:mad: