Dyson Vacuum

Dave49

The other day I stopped and was looking at the new Big Country and in the closet in the bedroom there was a battery operated Dyson vacuum. Dyson puts out a good product and was just wondering if anyone has used these? Dave

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Dyson Vaccum

The other day I stopped and was looking at the new Big Country and in the closet in the bedroom there was a battery operated Dyson vacuum. Dyson puts out a good product and was just wondering if anyone has used these? Dave

We did not get the one from the factory with our BC but ordered one from amazon that is good at sucking up animal hair. DW loves it and it really sucks good...lol. Really though it pics up slit of unseen stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greengas

We had one in our previous coach and now in the Landmark. We love them. Much better than a central vac.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Dave, I can't confirm how well the supplied Dyson works but we used to have a DC14 Animal. It did a decent job but was very heavy. The supplied battery powered unit can't be that heavy though. We replaced our heavy Dyson with a cheapo Hoover Nano Cyclonic for a bit over $50 and it is equal to or better than our old Dyson.
I should add that our neighbor here in FL has a Landmark and they love the cordless Dyson.

jbeletti

We have one in our Landmark and one at home. Love them. The one in the RV will last 10 to 15 minutes of continuous vacuuming. The one at home is the Animal version and I think the only difference is a larger capacity battery - another 5 minutes. They work pretty well for battery powered devices and pickup a lot of hair, debris, dust etc. I prefer this over the central vac we used to use in the Landmark. Way easier to use and put away.

RoadJunkie

Anyone know if the batteries are replaceable in the Dyson unit? We love the central vacuum unit but wish it had a powered head.

porthole

Retired

Anyone know if the batteries are replaceable in the Dyson unit? We love the central vacuum unit but wish it had a powered head.

Air powered heads are readily available and narrow 6" wide 110AC heads are out there too.
We use an air powered beater bar type.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

we have one in our Landmark & I love it! I had central vac on big horn & disliked it. It is so light & moves easy over the floors & carpets the only down fall as Jim B stated it only last about 15 min but I'm usually done before it runs out

Last edited:

Mizmary

I would love a head with the brush bar for the central vac. It would make it worth the hassle to get it out. But I'm not excited about spending $200 or more for it.

I LOVE the dustpan feature of the central vac. It is wonderful to just sweep it all in and forget it!!

Theresau

We put in a Shark Lift Away vacuum in the BC (have a full sized Dyson in the house). Not much bigger but needs to be plugged in - we don't mind - don't have to worry about running out of battery. Works great!!!

Didn't like the central vac in the BH at all.

dbbls59

Anything thing would beat the built in sucker. If it had a beater head it might be OK. We bought a small vac at Target and do not even carry the central vac hose.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

We bought a Dyson canister for the last trailer and moved it into this one. The only reason we had the central vac put in when we ordered this trailer was because the dustpan feature is so handy and Mark uses it to vac out the truck while we are on the road. The "baby animal" our name, not theirs, works great even on German Shepherd hair and there is LOTS of that!

Kristy

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired

We just got a 2014 3585RL with the dyson and it works great. We like the idea of not dragging out the hose for the central vac in our 3670.

evolvingpowercat

I have the Dyson DC44 Digital Slim, it is light and can be used as a hand held or upright. It has a power brush head and several other ends for different purposes. It also has a high / low power switch the battery lasts longer if you don't use the high power mode. It does not have a bag that clogs up and causes it to lose suction. It does not have the same power as the full size AC powered Dysons but it is far better than any other battery power vac I have seen, except maybe when the others have a brand new clean filter then they are the same.

Now the cons
- can only use it about 10 minutes on high power before it has to go back on the charger when using the power brush head.
- it has no bag but has a filter you have to wash once a month, and you can't use until the filter dries after you wash it, that is about 1 day down time
- when using on hard surfaces, it has trouble picking up thicker items like Cherios - this is a pain if you drop as much stuff like cereal on your kitchen floor as I do LOL
- its expensive ! ! ! Full price is $ 399. That said you can get it several times per year at various places for 30% off.
- the batteries last about 2 years ( 3 max ) and then the unit is kaput until you spend over $ 50 for a replacement battery
- the unit is not very forgiving of getting the power head part wet don't ever get water into it or your unit may become dead

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

My experience is just about as Randy has described, with one addition, I find it does not pick up well on dense carpeting like the area rug I have over the living room carpet...I keep a Shark in the cargo bay and when I need to REALLY get things cleaned, I break out the Shark....still better for everyday light pick ups then dragging around that bulky hose!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

I think we only used the central vac in our 2010 Landmark, twice. DW always kept a SHARK in the camper and used it instead of dragging out the central system. We love the Dyson that came with the new 2014. Yeah, the battery doesn't last very long but it certainly lasts long enough to clean the entire camper before going back on the charger. I ran the power cord through the wall mount, so everytime we hang the Dyson up, it's charging. Works for us.