Anybody have a factory installed or aftermarket backup camera?

thirdtimeround

Does Heartland have a backup camera option? If not any ideas on what brand works well for 5th wheels would be greatly appreciated. I see lots of brands on line with even more claims of this and that. Mike

whp4262

Re: Anybody have a factory installed or aftermarket ?

I haven't purchased it yet but I'm planning on installing one from Rear View Safety after I winterize the couch. From the research I've done it seems they have a decent system at a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

danemayer

Hi Mike,

On the Landmark, Heartland has been offering an optional backup camera (Jensen Voyager, I think) and just recently announced a Garmin RV GPS with integrated backup camera. We have a little info on these at this link.

You might have to call the factory to find out if you can get this on a Cyclone. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We have a factory installed Backup camera on our 2013 Landmark

Steadfast

We installed the Voyager WVOS511 wireless system on our BH 3670. The system works well, but not 100% of the time. There are some drop outs. It works much better if the signal can reflect off of something off to the side. Make sure the camera is connected to a good ground plane.

brianharrison

We installed the Voyager WVOS511 wireless system on our BH 3670. ....... Make sure the camera is connected to a good ground plane.

I installed the same unit - there are two wires - one for 12V and one for ground. Other than the grounding wire (which needs to be connected) there is no requirement for a grounding plane - my interpretation of a grounding plane in this installation would be having the case, or mount grounded - maybe I am mis-interpreting your words.

Brian

thirdtimeround

Thanks ,I'll speak to the factory this week about an install at the time of build. Will let you all know the response,Mike

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

I have the factory installed Voyager back up camera and love it. I can turn it off and on (don't like it on all the time) with ease and it allows me to watch my bikes on the bike rack in the back of the trailer. I also use it a lot for backing the trailer. I do not like the microphone (too hard to hear and wife must look up when speaking) but that's a minor, personal quirk.

Steadfast

I installed the same unit - there are two wires - one for 12V and one for ground. Other than the grounding wire (which needs to be connected) there is no requirement for a grounding plane - my interpretation of a grounding plane in this installation would be having the case, or mount grounded - maybe I am mis-interpreting your words.

Brian
My camera worked poorly at first when I connected it to the 12 volt supply for interior lighting in the back of the coach. I called Heartland and their suggestion was that perhaps my ground was insufficient. I then connected an additional ground wire to the ground on the running lights and it works much better. You need to use a sold ground and one shared with the tow vehicle. Hope this helps.