New to this

cocoa

Good Morning. We are considering a purchase of a Heartland Sundance 29.5' Fifth Wheel. 2009. We are brand new to this forum. We would really appreciate any assistance, advise, views, etc. that anyone could give us on what we are considering. If nothing negative, we should take deliver of the unit on the 20th of November. Have no truck at present, but looking at a 1997 3500 Chevy for pulling if that is what we decide to do. We thought about leaving it in fl for the summer, but the unit is so nice that I might want to take it home and store it'' Again, Thanks for your viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
cocoa, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. We own a Bighorn but have many friends with a Sundance. Having owned several brands/models over the years I think the Sundance is a great 5th wheel. Enjoy the Forum and your search for the right rig.

Grey Ghost

Hey Cocoa, welcome to the forum it's a great place to meet new friends, learn more about RVing and ask questions plus get answers!

I have a 2011 Heartland 29 mk Greystone, dry weight about 9240 or so they say! I pull it with a 2012 Ford 250 6.2 gaser and have NO problems, so far. We have pulled to the Ocean and up in Colorado so have been on some pretty good pulls and never had a problem. I think your Sundance would be about the same as mine. I've got three slides and I never carry much water. I have the usual stuff, chairs, pots and pans, satellite TV, blankets, grills and all the other things we carry around with us when we are "roughing it". I did my roughing it for Uncle Sam, now I want my comforts. I'm sure you will enjoy RVing, this forum and the people here. Have fun and above all means, be safe out there.:cool:

cocoa

Grey Ghost, Thanks for responding. Wife fell in love with the fifthwheel and so we are going to receive it on the 20th if all goes as planned. We are currently in a MH 31' with no slides and look forward to the new unit to us. I'm looking forward to further questions and hope that you will be responsive to the. Again, thank you''

cocoa

Ray, Thanks for your response. Wife has made up her mind & we will be excepting deliver the 20th of this month. We are currently in a MH 31' with no slides and pretty sure we'll like it. Again, thanks for you response. Don't have anything to pull it with yet, but sure that is just around the corner.

DonnyB007

Ray, Thanks for your response. Wife has made up her mind & we will be excepting deliver the 20th of this month. We are currently in a MH 31' with no slides and pretty sure we'll like it. Again, thanks for you response. Don't have anything to pull it with yet, but sure that is just around the corner.

Sounds like a nice trailer! When you get your new trailer all loaded as you like it, be sure to weigh it on scales to be sure you keep within GVWR. The other key thing is a serious check on your tires. Take your trailer to a tire dealer that deals in trailers and he will look at age, condition, type, and other things to ensure you have the right tires. The last item is your springs in the trailer and your truck. Take each unit to a spring dealer and have him look at what you have and see what he thinks.

Anyway, enjoy and have fun in your new portable home :)

whp4262

Good Morning. We are considering a purchase of a Heartland Sundance 29.5' Fifth Wheel. 2009. We are brand new to this forum. We would really appreciate any assistance, advise, views, etc. that anyone could give us on what we are considering. If nothing negative, we should take deliver of the unit on the 20th of November. Have no truck at present, but looking at a 1997 3500 Chevy for pulling if that is what we decide to do. We thought about leaving it in fl for the summer, but the unit is so nice that I might want to take it home and store it'' Again, Thanks for your viewing.

I pulled a 35 ft Layton 5th wheel a few years back with a 94 chevy diesel. The truck and engine did fine but the transmission had to be kept in D not overdrive (circle D). I can't remember what transmission was used in the 97 but the transmission in the 94 would overheat in overdrive.