Located Some Leftover Heartland's For Sale

truknutt

Committed Member
I was walking the back lot of my old dealer this past Saturday and came across 4 new leftover Heartlands for sale;
3 Landmarks & 1 Big Horn.

I was able to find them the dealer's inventory and get the URLs that include photos if anyone is interested:

2006 Heartland RV LANDMARK Golden Gate http://keystonerv.rvusa.com/inventory_item.asp?id=255039

2006 Heartland RV LANDMARK Grand Canyon http://keystonerv.rvusa.com/inventory_item.asp?id=234757

2006 Heartland RV LANDMARK Shenandoah http://keystonerv.rvusa.com/inventory_item.asp?id=255037

2006 Heartland RV BIG HORN 3400RL http://keystonerv.rvusa.com/inventory_item.asp?id=235197

I'm not promoting this dealer, just listing information for anyone looking for a new but slightly older model.

P.S. This dealer is in Greencastle, PA

tdharley

I bought mine from these guys. They are an excellent dealership to work with.

I am sure they are motivated to get rid of the rigs on their lot. I actually had bought the 3400 but switched at the last minute to the 3500. NEGOTIATE!!!!!

Their prices are the best around. I went to the Penn. RV Supershow with a 10,000.00 certified check made out to a dealer in Michigan. If I did not cut a deal with anybody at the show I was going to Michigan to buy one off their lot. Keystone reduced their price to meet the other dealer, so I bought it there. I also got them to install my hitch and got a few upgrades in the rig included in the price .

I have called them about a few warranty problems and they worked it out very quickly for me.

Chris is a great salesman, ask for him.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
That makes me ask a simple question: Why are they hanging on to 4 units that are now 3 years old? Ours is an '09 model, so they have to be REAL affordable.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
snuffy said:
The 3400 is the one we want. Looks to be closer to an '07 model.
Snuffy, I looked at the pictures of the 3400 and there are tons of differences in the unit for sale and our '07 3400. I'd be curious to know what the vin# was on that unit. Price too!

tdharley

We actually stayed in the 3400 since it was the one we were going to buy.

It was 2,000 less than the one we wound up buying ands they were all marked down for the show.

PM me if you need to know more.

They were having a hard time moving the Heartland line when I bought mine and will probably give them away now.

ChopperBill

caddojay said:
That makes me ask a simple question: Why are they hanging on to 4 units that are now 3 years old? Ours is an '09 model, so they have to be REAL affordable.
Ah they ain't going to be affordable until you buy one then it will be worth about half what you paid for it. ;)

Rodstar06

We looked at the Landmark models left over at the Dealer in Greencastle. We did not look at the Big Horn which we should of. I also wonder what kind of problems would develop withn a new trailer setting idle unused for 3 years. I wasn't impressed with the price on the Landmarks either for as old as they are.

tdharley

Rodstar- if your serious about a Landmark- Negotiate, they will be receptive to all offers- be ridiculios in your offer, you never know.

I offered them **,000.00 less than their show price and wound up paying about *,000.00 less. From what I have read on other forums dealers have a 38-50% markup.

I cannot see what could be wrong with sitting there for a long time but they are a good dealership for warranty issues. The bigger question is how is Heartland going to handle any warranty issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The warranty should be treated as new, with the warranty start date begining on the day of purchase. That's what GM did when I bought my brand new 05' Kodiak in June of this year...I have the full two year, unlimited mileage warranty which was started on 6/29/07.

tdharley

JP- I did not mean to break any rules. As a matter of fact I did not think I did. I did not divulge my final price or the show price. I just was giving an example of what the negotiated prices were and how inflated the actual prices are.