Paneling Problems

BigBlue

BigBlue
Anybody have problems with staples pulling out of their paneling?
We have the Monticello with the washer/dryer cabinet in the bedroom. Yesterday when I opened the doors, I found a piece of trim lying on the floor. The trim came from the back of the space and was nailed on with 2 staples to the paneling in the corner. They just pulled out resulting in the trim piece falling down.
I took a closer look in the cabinet and found that on the right hand side the paneling laps over itself and is stapled. Well these are pulling out also allowing the paneling to move.
I got some wood screws and screwed everyting back together but am concerned with future issue.
Jim

jbeletti

Jim,

I have not had any staples come out, but I had a piece of plastic corner trim piece come most of the way off. As you go up the steps into the bedroom, at the top step on the right, the corner of the control panel wall where it wraps into the bedroom.

Not sure how it was secured at the factory but when I had my factory service visit, I asked that they not staple it - rather, that they glue it with silicone rubber or some other adhesive. So far, so good.

Jim

C

Craig Marten

Jim:

We have a Grand Canyon but have the same setup in the washer dryer area. The corner panel came out on mine also. The way that piece has to be cut if one is using an electric nailer just by setting the brad will make it move. I to replaced it and used silcon seal. I added new drawer guides in the chest of drawers and the other side was the same way. Not much of a problem on that side. My previous trailer had some of the same problems. Trim seems to be an area manufactures have some problems with.

jbeletti

Craig,

You jogged my memory when you said "corner panel". Our trailer came with the factory installed W/D and we had a leak at PDI due to the hoses being hooked up backwards (end for end). When we had the W/D out of it's hole, we too noticed that a wall panel in the corner was very loose. We didn't really fix it :eek:

I have noticed this loose wall panel in the W/D space on a few Heartlands.

Jim