Aftermarket onan parts? Oil, and plug and...

dougw

I'm interested in some after market parts for my onan gen. Any one using a different brand of oil? Also spark plugs. I read a post about plugs, the NGK BPR4EY that might fit. I'll order the fuel filter and oil filter on line I guess unless someone found an alternative. I have the 5.5 hgjab spec d if that helps. I've gone to many online shops but some carry this but not that and so on. The online onan store wants way to much for shipping, local camping world is out.

Thanks
Doug

GOTTOYS

Try an auto parts store like NAPA. You shouldn't need to change the spark plug more than once every 5 years or so. Shouldn't be hard to cross reference the plug to another brand if that's what you want. Oil is oil, the motor doesn't know what brand it is as long as it meets the mfg specs.....Don

HornedToad

I guess I'm lucky to have an Cummins/Onan dealer in my area. I walk in and pick up the genuine parts with no shipping at prices comparable to quality aftermarket products at a discount auto parts store. I'll bet there is a dealer near you.

porthole

Retired
Personally, for as infrequent as the maintenance is required, I use Onan branded filters. Oil is Mobil 1

whp4262

I'm interested in some after market parts for my onan gen. Any one using a different brand of oil? Also spark plugs. I read a post about plugs, the NGK BPR4EY that might fit. I'll order the fuel filter and oil filter on line I guess unless someone found an alternative. I have the 5.5 hgjab spec d if that helps. I've gone to many online shops but some carry this but not that and so on. The online onan store wants way to much for shipping, local camping world is out.

Thanks
Doug

If your Onan filter P/N is 122-0836 the Fram part number is PH10027 and Wix is 57398. I use Valvoline Synthetic oil